Hawaii

Olowalu Lighting

Spent awhile on the phone last night with my WC and we were thinking of ways to cut corners....

We have 32 guests, with 4 square tables of 8 ppl. She suggested downsizing my lighting package- we were originally going to do the X pattern with two strands of lantern lights, but I have been thinking about just having one strand of lights going through the middle of our tables. There will also be uplighting and a few tiki torches over near the bathroom.

For anyone who did the one strand- how dim does that make everything? Any thoughts appreciated. It would save me $300 but I don't want to cut it if it makes a really big difference.
andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
My Planning Bio

Re: Olowalu Lighting

• ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, totally do this. We did and I am glad. It didn't seem too dim for us at all and is worth saving $300 to me. We had the exact same number of guests (34 with us), same number of tables, etc. You know... basically the same as everything you are doing. Ha! Anyways, check out my picks and you'll see that it worked out perfectly. One thing that we did do differently, is add on a special lighting package in the front for the sparkler send off so it wasn't pitch black out there. I left sparklers for you if you want them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is great to hear- and I did just look through everything and paid special attention to the shots with the lights. I agree, it looks fine and not too dim. Thanks Beth! I hate to cut anything but this seems like a no-brainer now.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in Olowalu and have the lighting dilemma.
    My only concern is will there be enough lighting on the buffet tables with this set up?
    I would totally love to save some bucks but dont want my guest to be getting food in the dark.

johanna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards