New Jersey - South

Question about mindy from my vacation lady

Hi everyone! I am in the process of researching about honeymoons i thought it would be best to enlist the help of a travel agent I talked to a couple and they gave me some information over the phone. Howevervmindy from my vacation lady suggested she have a honeymoon consultation on the phone so she can get An idea of what we like. I felt very comfortable with it but my fiancée thinks its gonna be Like a time share thing And that they are going to pressure us into booking something we don't want. Plus he thinks I have to pay for the consultation? Has anyone dealt with them before? Is that true?

Re: Question about mindy from my vacation lady

• That sounds a little odd to me.  Do you guys have any idea as to where you want to go for your HM?  If you have an idea, I don't know why you would need this consultation.  And if they are pressuring you over the phone to buy into a timeshare, you just hang up.  Did you try to get any reviews for My Vacation Lady on google? 
  • I would just use a travel site like Travelocity. That's what I did and I got a better deal then any travel agency could give me. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Book with AAA! They are the nicest and I do not think there is any fee for not being a AAA member. Actually, i got AAA free for a year when we booked our Disney trip.

We are going to Aulani, the Disney resort in Hawaii and doing all of the excursions. 

A lot of my friends have gone to Bahamas, Canada, and Washington for their Honeymoons...it can be anywhere!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked through Mindy.  She is fantastic.  The consultation is free, it is just to help you focus on where you want to go and help her to provide options for you that meet your needs.  It's nothing like a timeshare, she is not trying to sell you something.  There is no obligation to book through her during the consultation although I think you definitely would be in great hands in you did. 

If you have any other questions about Mindy I can answer for you I would be happy to, I have booked many vacations through her and recommended her to all of my friends and they were very happy with her services.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_question-mindy-vacation-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:5ab694d1-a30a-4ffa-8ee1-2acfd2239d69Post:a9db65f0-9a85-488a-bbad-5a149d3e3fb5">Re: Question about mindy from my vacation lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I booked through Mindy.  She is fantastic.  The consultation is free, it is just to help you focus on where you want to go and help her to provide options for you that meet your needs.  It's nothing like a timeshare, she is not trying to sell you something.  There is no obligation to book through her during the consultation although I think you definitely would be in great hands in you did.  </strong>If you have any other questions about Mindy I can answer for you I would be happy to, I have booked many vacations through her and recommended her to all of my friends and they were very happy with her services.
    Posted by sgdc2011[/QUOTE]

This exactly! She wants to get a good idea of what you both want, so she can suggest the best options for you & your budget.

I used her for my honeymoon and I agree she is fantastic! She was always available to answer any of my questions and always responded quickly. You can't go wrong booking with her!
    My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards