Moms and Maids
Options

What to pay for regarding hair,make-up and jewelry for my BM"S

I was thinking of paying for my BM's hair and make-up and have them pick out their own jewelry. I don't want to buy something and have them not like it. Is paying for their hair and make-up sufficient?

Re: What to pay for regarding hair,make-up and jewelry for my BM"S

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can offer to pay for their hair and makeup (most girls will say yes) but some don't like having someone else messing with their hair or applying their makeup.  And I think it's a great idea to let the girls wear their own jewelry.  I did this and no one complained.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it sufficient as a thank you gift to them for being in the wedding?  Not really, since pro hair and makeup aren't a required expense.  It's certainly nice of you to pick it up (I paid for all of my girls' hair, they opted to do their own make up), but not required unless you're mandating that it needs to be done professionally.

Even if you're paying for their hair and makeup, you should get them a personal gift of thanks.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a great thing to do, but I wouldn't call it a gift to them (I know you didn't ask but I wasnt' sure if that's what you were asking).

And leave it optional to them.  Some people are really picky about who they want touching their face or hair.
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We paid for manis & pedis the day before and the BP's hair and makeup day of.

That's not a gift, it's the way you want your attendants look
  • Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    edited December 2011
    Definitely let them pick their own jewelry and pay for their hair/makeup if you're requiring them to get it done professionally.  But like pp said, don't call it their gift. That's required of you if you're requiring it of them.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, everyone's pretty much covered it. 

Please don't require pro hair and makeup.  If people want to use it, fine, but don't make them.

I have a hairdresser who does my hair.  If she can't do my hair, I'm doing it on my own.  And I never have pro make up.  They use far more makeup than I use, and I hate the way I look.

Anything that is for your wedding day is NOT a gift to your WP.  It's a gift to yourself to provide the look you want for your wedding.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards