New Hampshire

SPRING IN NH WEDDING HELP

So i just got engaged and realized that to get married here in NH during the fall is a bit too pricey for me. I wanted an October wedding but its going to be too much so now i am getting married in April 2013. I need some ideas i want to do purple as my color but i wanted some help with what other colors go good with purple. Also any wedding venue ideas for somewhere romatic and not too expensive? I live in Manchester so somewhere relatively close about 45 minute drive? Any help would be muc appreciated Laughing
You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without ~ Author Unknown ~

Re: SPRING IN NH WEDDING HELP

• Purples and pinks look good together or like for my wedding we're doing navy blue and purple with ivory. I'm having my reception at Hidden Hills in Rindge' NH in their courtyard but there's also Shattuck Golf Club which has beautiful views of Mt. Monadnock, or there's Alpine Grove in Hollis. Those are all the places I can think of right now. Hope those start you out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • I'm getting married at Castleton in Windham, NH, which has some very reasonable prices. Their off season packages are wonderful, which is why I am getting married at the end of March. A lot of places will give you a break if you get married November through March.

I like silver and purple, but maybe that's just me. :) Go with whatever you think looks good!
    Photobucket
  • I'm not sure if Castleton, in Windham, is necessarily romantic, but they have awesome prices for off season weddings.  The picture opportunities are beautiful.

The Executive, in Manchester is also very pretty.

If you want a smaller wedding, you could look at small vineyards.
  • I got married in October 2010 and got married at Castleton in Windham.  It was perfect.  The pictures by the water were unbelievable and the food was fantastic.  Dawn was fantastic to work with.  The pricing was decent.  They don't have packages but I found I got better deals and got exactly what I wanted by looking for vendors on my own
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got married in April 2010 with a reception at Candia Woods in Candia NH.  Its a golf course/country club and holds up to 135 people.  It was beautiful in April, all the trees were in bloom and it was awesome.  Here is a link to some of our non-professional pics from our wedding, I still haven't gotten around to uploading some of the professional ones oops!  (Reception photos are near the bottom)

April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • I'm no help with colors...

But we got married at Pat's Peak in Henniker.  The Sleigh Room is just gorgeous, as is the outside ceremony site The Circle.  You could very easily get married indoors as well as there are 2 levels, each with a beautiful stone fireplace.

http://www.patspeak.com/summer/photos.html
    Anniversary
  • I think purple and a sage green would look good together....maybe even pink too for spring.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • We are doing the Executive Court in Manchester, NH. They are so great to work with, and there's a hotel right next door.
    We are also doing a plum color, with accents of other purples (in the flowers), Ivory and the guys in black.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I got married in may at promises to keep, its very romantic lots of candle/chandeliers etc and best prices we could find!
    ....Happy ever after.... http://romanowedding.weebly.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards