African American Weddings

The FAQ page again...

Here are mine. How do they read? Any spelling errors? Anything to add? 

Is this an adult only event?
Yes, this event is for adults only. Enjoy a date night on us!
May I bring a guest?
Unfortunately, only guests listed on the invitation are able to attend. Each invitation outlines the number of seats reserved for you. 
Is there a specific dress code for the wedding and reception?
Our wedding is a semi-formal event. Feel free to break out your best attire! Be "Red Carpet Ready!"

We don't have a required level of dress but please no jeans and sneakers. 
Do I need to R.S.V.P even if I'm not planning to attend?
Yes, even if you are not able to celebrate with us we would still like to know that you won't be attending. 
Will there be meal options for vegetarians?
Of course! When you R.S.V.P please include any dietary restrictions and we will accomodate you. 
What happens if I R.S.V.P "yes" and my plans change?
We understand that plans change and will accomodate those changes accordingly. Please let us know if you are unable to attend after you have R.S.V.P'd "yes."
Wedding Countdown Ticker
130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!

Re: The FAQ page again...

• Looks good. I would include how to change your RSVP if your plans change for the last question.

Also I would nix the "no level of dress is required" because it contradicts what you are saying about it being semi-formal, however, I would include a link to "what to wear to weddings"

I included one on my page www.mywedding.com/jelaineanddevin

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Thank you!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I took this from "chocolates" page....something along the lines of attire "the BRIDE should be the only one wearing white, so please aviod wearing an all white outfit. "

I really wanted to stress that! But thats a personal preference.
    imageAnniversary
  • Welp I'm not wearing white and couldn't care less if Mother Theresa shower up in her heavenly robe... She still won't look better than me. Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you have any out of town guests coming? If so, you might want to give hotel accommodation info.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:5ecb316e-fc2e-4300-aaed-46fc7ca721e8Post:808f69ca-8c58-4e5f-b0d3-a1bd00b63210">Re: The FAQ page again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welp I'm not wearing white and couldn't care less if Mother Theresa shower up in her heavenly robe... She still won't look better than me. Lol
    Posted by Soon2BSand[/QUOTE]

Hilarious!!!! I literally LOLed on this! The FAQs look good! I'm so bad....haven't even started a wedding website yet.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5ecb316e-fc2e-4300-aaed-46fc7ca721e8Post:977aa63d-b8a5-43d4-a620-6f97ecf7cebc">Re: The FAQ page again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any out of town guests coming? If so, you might want to give hotel accommodation info.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]
    Yes but there's a page specifically dedicated to Out of Towners and how to make reservations. Should I still include it? <span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just noticed a misspelled word... accommodate. Good thing I didn't post it on the site yet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5ecb316e-fc2e-4300-aaed-46fc7ca721e8Post:808f69ca-8c58-4e5f-b0d3-a1bd00b63210">Re: The FAQ page again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welp I'm not wearing white and <strong>couldn't care less if Mother Theresa shower up in her heavenly robe... She still won't look better than m</strong>e. Lol
    Posted by Soon2BSand[/QUOTE]

Ditto :)  I've never understood the obsession with making sure noone else is wearing white. It won't affect you any; you're still getting married and will be the center of attention regardless. Poor etiquette, yes, but it's not worth stressing over.

Can't help you with the FAQ page though. I tried to give enough info on the other pages of my website so it wasn't necessary; I figure if anyone else has a question, they'll call/email. The other ladies on here should be able to help you with that :)
    Anniversary
  • edited February 2012
    Here are a few more that may or may not be applicable that I used:

Q: May I just GPS or use Google or Mapquest to find the location?
    A: Please do NOT use Google, Mapquest, or any GPS software to locate the facility. Use the directions enclosed in your invitation or on our website for specific directions.

Q: What time should I arrive to the venue?
    A: The ceremony will begin at 5pm sharp! Please give an additional 10 minutes from entering Piedmont Park to being seated at the venue. We suggest planning to arrive no later than 4:30pm.

Q: Is the wedding venue wheelchair accessible?
    A: Yes. Additionally, please notify us via the "Contact Us" link in the left-hand column if you will need special accommodations while at the wedding.

Q: Who may I contact if I need additional information or get lost?
    A: If you need any information the day of the wedding, please contact the wedding coordinator, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at xxxxxxx.

HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards