Wedding Etiquette Forum

Job Poll

There's so many people here, regs and newbs alike, that for some of us who are late to the party (or you know, mainly just me), I thought it would be nice to know a little more about what you do - you know, when you aren't Knotting.

Do you have a job?
If yes, what is this job?
IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?
If no, are you a student?
What are you studying?
Do you like your job?
What would be your dream job?

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Job Poll

• Do you have a job? Currently, no.  This summer I'll be working at an amusement park again though.

If yes, what is this job? --

IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? --

Yes

What are you studying? Communication, though I'm recieving an associate's degree in May.

Do you like your job? My summer one, yes.  Being a student? No.

What would be your dream job? I'm really excited to start pursing seminary.  My dream job would be preaching at my hometown parish (though I know my reverend isn't letting go of that spot any time soon!)

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you have a job?  Yes

If yes, what is this job? Legal Secretary for a real estate lawyer

IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? I think a high school diploma?  I'm currently a student

If no, are you a student? See above

What are you studying? Court Reporting

Do you like your job? Yeah.  The work is sort of mind numbing, but you couldn't ask for a better group of people

What would be your dream job?  Sitting poolside with a pool boy to watch all day.
    Photobucket
  • Do you have a job? Yup!
    If yes, what is this job? I work as a program coordinator in a business school.
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? Um, I went to undergrad, and then got hired, so 4? But I really don't feel like you "need" to go to college to do my job.
    If no, are you a student? I am working, but I am also a grad student.
    What are you studying? I'm getting my MBA with a concentration in sustainability
    Do you like your job? My job duties?  It's okay. The people I work with? Absolutely. They make it all worth while.
    What would be your dream job? Sustainability consultant. I'd love to tell businesses what they can do to be more sustainable and green.
  • Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Event Planner
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? I have my masters, but it is not relevant to my job.
    Do you like your job? Love it. Long hours though so I am pulling my hair out lately.
    What would be your dream job? This. At a venue on Martha's Vineyard.
  • Do you have a job? Yes.
    If yes, what is this job? Graphic designer.
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? 4.
    If no, are you a student? N/A
    What are you studying? N/A
    Do you like your job? Loves it.
    What would be your dream job? I already had my dream job, so I am very content with where I am now. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Do you have a job?  Yup.  Technically, I have 3.
    If yes, what is this job?  The main one - I'm a computer nerd.  IT Project Management.  The others - I coach high school volleyball in the summer/fall, and I ref in the winter. 
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?  Just a regular college degree.  I have a BA in Public Relations & Computer Science. 
    If no, are you a student?  Nope, and I'm happy about that.  I hate homework.
    What are you studying?  erm. . . etiquette books?
    Do you like your job?  The volleyball ones, yes.  The IT one. . . has its moments.  This isn't one of them.
    What would be your dream job?  Own my own business.  There are lots of them that I'd enjoy.  Restaurant has been the leading candidate for a long time, but that'd be pretty tough to make happen, so one of these days I'll investigate something smaller.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Customer Service for Insurance Company, starting a new job with a different company in May
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? none
    If no, are you a student? still a student
    What are you studying? Psychology...we'll see if it lasts
    Do you like your job? It's okay.
    What would be your dream job? Mommy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you have a job? No, not right now, I am finishing up my last few weeks of the semester
    If yes, what is this job?
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? I am in my 5th year of college.  I got a degree after 4, and then came back for my teaching certification for one more year
    If no, are you a student? Yes
    What are you studying? Biology was my undergrad degree.  Currently I'm student teaching
    Do you like your job?
    What would be your dream job?  Someone who worked with babies and kids and got paid a ton of money.  I know... not realistic, but a girl can dream!
  • Do you have a job? Yes, sort of.
    If yes, what is this job? I am currently a Stay at Home Wife.  My "job" is to take care of the place so we can have fun when H has off instead of cramming that time full of chores.  When I was employed, I was an Account Manager at a Direct Mail Advertising firm
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? no school, but a lifetime worth of experience.  Hmm, no school for the paid employment either.  When I started in the industry there wasn't a degree for Direct Mail.
    If no, are you a student? No
    What are you studying? No
    Do you like your job? LOVE IT
    What would be your dream job?  I'm doing it.  Now if I can convice H that letting me stay at home forever will benefit him in the long run...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you have a job? yes
    If yes, what is this job? Receptionist
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? 0. I was hired for experience
    What are you studying? N/A
    Do you like your job? Yes but i want more of a challenge
    What would be your dream job? Over seeing accounting or HR
    image Married and Junk.

• Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Account Manager
    How many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? I could've gotten away with my 2 year business diploma. But I have a BA as well.
    If no, are you a student? fuuck that shiit. NEVER going back, ever. 7 years is enough, thank you.
    What are you studying? I studied Canadian History and Physical Geography for 4 years, Music for the first year, and did a 2 year business diploma following that.
    Do you like your job? Love, LOVE LOVE my job.
    What would be your dream job? someone that travels the best places in the world and gets paid.
  • Do you have a job?  Yes, finally.
    If yes, what is this job?  Counselor at a residential treatment facility for kids with emotional and behavioral disorders
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? 4
    If no, are you a student? Will be someday again.
    What are you studying?  Hopefully I'll be getting my MSW in the near future
    Do you like your job?  It's fine for now.  I don't dislike it, but it's not my dream job.
    What would be your dream job?  Either doing sex offender treatment or victim advocacy.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Do you have a job? yes
    If yes, what is this job? Administrative Secretary at a Catholic parish
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? It didn't require any major schooling, just a basic knowledge of computers and an ability to type.
    If no, are you a student? I was until a year ago.
    What are you studying? History.
    Do you like your job? I do.
    What would be your dream job? Writing.  Teaching History and English and writing on the side.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Do you have a job?  Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Coding Quality & Education coordinator
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? AT least 2 (have associates degree and several credentials)
    If no, are you a student? I am also a student and will be leaving current job to go to school full time come fall.
    What are you studying? My goal is to get into a pharmacy program and go for a PharmD
    Do you like your job? Some days
    What would be your dream job? pharmacist (career change)
  • Do you have a job?  yes
    If yes, what is this job?  marketing and brokerage assistant at a mid-sized corporate real estate company
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?  I have a college degree in psychology, but a degree wouldn't be required to do this job.  I think it helps me get paid more, though.
    What are you studying?
    Do you like your job?  no.  I do really enjoy one or two of the women I work with, but that's about it
    What would be your dream job? doing something that felt worthwhile with children or animals.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Do you have a job? 2 actually

If yes, what is this job? 1. Front End supervisor at a well known retailer. 2. Library Assistant

IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? 0. I was still high school age when I was hired at the library.

What are you studying?

Do you like your job? Lib yes (most days) retailer no way.

What would be your dream job? Millionaire singer/actress! lol I'm hoping eventually to obtain my MLS with a minor in IT.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Do you have a job?  Yes, but not a permanent one.
    If yes, what is this job?  I am legal counsel for a pharmacy benefits management company.
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?  7 (undergrad and law school), but then I have an MPH which is helpful too, so 8.
    What are you studying?
    Do you like your job?   I do, I just wish it was permanent!
    What would be your dream job?  Well, my real dream job would be to start some kind of public health initiative related to reproductive health for low income women.  If I'm a lawyer, my dream job is to be General Counsel for a hospital/health system.
  • Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Director of Career Development for a international organziation
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? I have a Masters
    If no, are you a student? No
    What are you studying? My Masters is in Communication and Leadership
    Do you like your job? Yes, I love it!
    What would be your dream job? I would love to own my own wine bar, maybe some day!
  • Do you have a job? Yes.
    If yes, what is this job? Operations Coordinator (HR, office management)
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? 4 but I didn't major in this lol. 
    What are you studying? N/A
    Do you like your job? I like it a lot.  Great group of people and I'm good at what I do, therefore I like it.
    What would be your dream job? Food critic.  I.  love.  food.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Do you have a job?  Yes.
    If yes, what is this job?  Credit Manager for an Internet domain registrar.  (I also work part-time as an in-home pet sitter, but that's a very seasonal thing.)
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?  My degree is actually in psychology...
    If no, are you a student? I am going back for a second bachelor's degree.
    What are you studying?  Accounting.
    Do you like your job?  I love it!
    What would be your dream job?  I want to open an indoor dog park/doggie daycare.  I've been fantasizing about it for years! 
  • JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    Do you have a job?  Self-employed, but yes
    If yes, what is this job?  Partner attorney with my fiance in our own law firm, right now I focus on estate planning, elder law, and taxation.
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?  4 yrs undergrad, 3 yrs law school, plus 2 yrs MBA to run the business
    If no, are you a student?  Thank goodness never again!
    What are you studying?  Continuing Legal Education courses
    Do you like your job?  Love the complete independence and responsibility
    What would be your dream job?  I would love to focus on animal and child abuse cases once I gain the experience.
  • Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? I work in a grocery store
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? 0, but I've worked with cash since I was 16
    If no, are you a student? I'm a student too!
    What are you studying? Business!
    Do you like your job? Somedays i like my job, other days, not so much
    What would be your dream job? I want to work in a bank, or for the government at the CRA, but that may take sometime.

Various other info?: I am moving in 2 1/2 months, and can't freaking wait!
    <*>My Blog<*> Updated Sept. 20 My BFP Chart
    Started TTC July 2010 ~ Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism April 2011 ~ BFP 5.10.11 EDD 1.16.12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited March 2010
    Do you have a job? no :(
    If yes, what is this job? n/a
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? Well, I have a 4 year degree, but I don't have a job right no.
    If no, are you a student? Graduated last May, had an internship, and a job offer, but FI got a better job offer out of state, so we just moved in together and came up to MI.
    What are you studying? Did Study Journalism- Public Relations and Gender Studies
    Do you like your job? If i had one, maybe.
    What would be your dream job? I really want to go back and get a Masters in Social Work. Ideally I would be able to get a job doing community relations stuff for a non-profit and then go to school part time or online or somehting.
  • JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_job-poll-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6507481-f5d7-4670-a347-f8bacbad4eb2Post:ea7fb243-d8e5-44a0-9b14-59c985b36738">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a job?  Yes, but not a permanent one. If yes, what is this job?  I am legal counsel for a pharmacy benefits management company. IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?  7 (undergrad and law school), but then I have an MPH which is helpful too, so 8. If no, are you a student? What are you studying? Do you like your job?    I do, I just wish it was permanent! What would be your dream job?  Well, my real dream job would be to start some kind of public health initiative related to reproductive health for low income women.  If I'm a lawyer, my dream job is to be General Counsel for a hospital/health system.
    Posted by Moneypenny424[/QUOTE]

<div>That's a great position, why isn't it permanent?  My hometown hospital in Ohio might have an opening for your dream job soon.....let me know if you're interested.  It's a small country town though, outside of Columbus.  </div>
  • edited March 2010
    Do you have a job?  Kind of...

If yes, what is this job?  I am a certified fitness instructor, and I used to teach a ton of classes and such, but that was before I got too busy with school and now I sub for other people on rare occasions.

IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?  I think the class to get certified lasted like a day.  Ha!  For my future job, it will be 8 years by the time I'm done.

If no, are you a student?  Ugh.  Yes.

What are you studying?  Medicine

Do you like your job?  Most days.  I enjoy learning and working in the clinics, but medical school really sucks around test times.

What would be your dream job?  Pediatric Cardiologist
  • Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Staff Accountant
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? 2
    If no, are you a student? I am a student as well
    What are you studying? Accounting (BS)
    Do you like your job? Yes
    What would be your dream job? Running my own pastry shop.
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Office Admin
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? None
    What are you studying? N/A
    Do you like your job? Yes I do
    What would be your dream job? Eating Bon-Bon's, and laying around watching bad reality T.V. But I'm not sure where to apply.
  • edited March 2010
    Do you have a job? Yes
    If yes, what is this job? Call Center/Customer Service Rep
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? I have a BA in Psychology, but this job requires no education...a trained monkey could do my job
    If no, are you a student? Yes
    What are you studying? Math Education
    Do you like your job? Most of the time
    What would be your dream job?  Goddess

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Do you have a job?: Yes
    If yes, what is this job?: Administrative Assistant
    IHow many years of school did it take for you to work at said job?: I could have worked at this job without graduating college, but I have a bachelor's degree.
    If no, are you a student?: No
    What are you studying?: Nothing right now, but I have a degree in English and Criminology
    Do you like your job?: Love it.  Wish I had benefits though.
    What would be your dream job?: Event planner
  • Do you have a job?  Yes, though it's part-time.
    If yes, what is this job? I edit depositions and transcripts.
    How many years of school did it take for you to work at said job? I didn't go to school to edit depos, but I have a BA in English Lit.
    If no, are you a student? I graduated in December and just applied to enter the MA program in the fall. So not at the moment, but I hope to be back in school come September.
    What are you studying? Literature
    Do you like your job? It's okay for now. Working from home is nothing to complain about!
    What would be your dream job? We hope to open a winery someday, so helping with that (I'd love to work the tasting room) and analyzing literature for journals would be my ultimate dream.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards