Kentucky-Louisville

Photographers

What is the average price of a wedding photographer?  Anyone have any suggestions for a good (but relatively inexpensive) photographer in Louisville?  There are so many photographers out there that I'm lost and don't even know where to start. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographers

• edited December 2011
    I am using Studio 3L Photographer that I found on here and for 6 hours I am paying about $725.00. That was the best price I could find for a really good photographer. Might want check out thier website. 

http://studio3l.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Brad Luttrell.  He did our wedding (for relatively cheap about $1500) and the photos were fab!  Plus you end up owning all of the rights to them (you and both sets of parents) so you can make as many copies as you want without having to go through the photographer.  He had a quick turn around and was inconspicuous during our wedding.  www.bradluttrell.com
  • ash273ukash273uk member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  I'll check those out!  If anyone else has suggestions, let me know!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brides-motherbrides-mother member
    edited December 2011
    Bud Smith is also quite good and quite reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using James Byrd Photography and with a cd I'm paying $1,700. I really wanted to be able to have the cd of all the pictures. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using MaryBeth Clouser, though I'm not sure she is still taking on new weddings in the Louisville area.  She moved to North Carolina earlier this year, but she still comes back for all the weddings she had booked in this area.  She has multiple packages, but her cheapest (when I booked her) is $1080 or 5 hours, a slideshow of wedding day set to music, and a DVD of all images with rights to the images.  I totally recommend her, if she is still booking weddings in Louisville.  Her photographs are amazing, she is inexpensive, and she is an extremely nice person.  Check her out:

www.marybethclouser.com
  • halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Rebecca Frazer Photography. www.rebeccafrazerphotography.com She does awesome work and her prices are reasonable.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  These message boards are really helpful.  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Billy Grubbs! He is young, fresh, reasonable, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Sarah Cattan, she includes the disc of hi-res images that are edited. Free Engagement session, and great prints and albums! www.sarahcattan.com I believe her prices start out at $700ish, and go up from there.
    edited December 2011
    I ended up booking James Byrd Photography.  I was really impressed by them and Melinda is really sweet and seems like she'll be great to work with.  Thanks, Melissa for the suggestion.  I will have to pass Sarah Cattan's name along to a friend of mine who is looking for a photographer under $1000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards