July 2012 Weddings

A different kind of father-daughter dance

SO, my dad has decided he wants us to do one of those father-daughter dances that starts out kinda sappy, then we break into some kind of choreographed/upbeat kind of dance. I've seen these on youtube all the time.

I know I want to start with Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" but am not sure about the rest. I've seen lots of people include 3-4 other songs like "Do You Love Me", "YMCA", "Twist Again", etc.  Any other ideas of songs that are easily danced to for white people who don't dance?

I was a little unsure at first, but if we can do it right, it might just be the hit of the reception. Just crossing my fingers it doesn't end up on youtube ;)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A different kind of father-daughter dance

• Hahaha I love this idea and have seen many on youtube. I don't have any song suggestions but I say have fun and no matter what dance you do the crowd will surely love it.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_different-kind-of-father-daughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8658796a-cb38-482e-88dd-2ef24d316253Post:7aecd50b-207b-4d35-bbe2-fe8b50b6408d">Re: A different kind of father-daughter dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha I love this idea and have seen many on youtube. I don't have any song suggestions but I say have fun and no matter what dance you do the crowd will surely love it.
    Posted by 7E&G7[/QUOTE]

You've obviously never seen me dance :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE this idea too! I wanted to do it with our whole bridal party, and it'll be especially funny with two BMs that are 8 months pregnant lol but FI is not as in to it.

I don't have a suggestion for a second song. I wanted to do "Crazy in Love" if we did the whole bridal party. Thought it would be appropriate, especially if I'm out there trying to dance! Think we could get away with doing dance moves from Just Dance (Wii game)?? haha
    imageAnniversary
  • I think Nati is doing something similar with her father to an 80's song, if I remember correctly.

She's on a plane somewhere so hopefully she'll eventually see this  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I would totally do this if my dad was this kind of dad. But hes one with 2 left feet, and doesnt like to be the center of attention- so I say go for it. If you pick the first part- let your dad pick the second song- since it was his idea!! Maybe  he has one in mind already.....
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i think this is an awesomely fun idea! i think it is cute that you are starting with the sappy song so you still get the traditional dance in, but then will switch to the fun part.

i really wanted to do something similar with my fiance!! we are both totally goofy and love to dance and are always awkwardly known as the life of the dance floor at weddings and parties due to our intense dance moves and our propensity for jumping around....but fiance just wants to be traditional boo.

and yes, i believe nati is doing an 80's dance with her dad!! ask her about it when she gets back on after traveling :)
  • I think this is an awesome idea! I wish I had the time to do something like this with my dad.  I think we will just keep it traditional to keep it simple.  

Anniversary
  • this is an awesome idea!!! It'll be a blast!!! =)
  • We aren't doing dances, but I know that if we were my dad and I would do something similar to this. 
    He directed a week at church camp for many years and one of our evening activities was a talent night (usually Thursday).  Anyways,  he always broom danced with one of the male counselors.  It is like baton twirling, but with a broom.  Well one year there were not any male counsleors that wanted to do it so I had to step in.  It was the most fearful four minutes of my life.  It was fun though.  So I know if we were doing dances then we would do a broom dance.  haha!
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I honestly have never heard of or seen anything like this until just now.
    after watching some youtube videos... i wonder what my dad would think :)

hes more of the manly man than goofy one,
    so i think everyone would be very shocked. haha.
  • I think it's a great idea.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards