North Carolina-Outer Banks

New to the Crew!

Hello Ladies!

Just found this message board last night and I am very excited to start talking wedding plans with all of you!!

Re: New to the Crew!

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! The ladies on this Board are very helpful and kind. I hope we can answer any questions you have in your future planning and help you out. Congrats on your engagement, you chose a wonderful place to get married :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • lelamarie3lelamarie3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Sarah! I am also hoping to be able to help out some for you all as well...I live in the Outer Banks.
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh cool! I'm sure you will be a HUGE help then Laughing
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Hi Lela and welcome!  I love that name btw :)

Soooooo, you live in the obx?  That is very cool :)  My brother and his gf live up in Carova and we're going down next weekend for M. Day and I cannot wait for 3 nice days at the beach.

Have you picked your venue or colors or anything else?

P.S.  We are ALL invading your house one day since you live there, lol

• jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lela, WELCOME!

Everybody here is super wonderful and helpful.  I am sure with your local expertise, you can help us out a ton as well!

I am actually headed down there this weekend, so I hope the weather is looking good :) 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

jkramas - the weather does look good for the weekend. Are you going to look at venues, caterers?

obx2011 - soon to be brides beach weekend sounds good to me! As far as venues, I have looked at the First Colony Inn and love it. This weekend I am going to see a wedding at Whalehead club, which I know is beautiful....but far away from where we are. Colors....currently thinking Purple and Green, but we are not getting married until next July so that may change.

I would love to know what you all have planned so far for your weddings!!

• jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lela- Looking at both. 108 Budleigh & Jennette's Pier are my two top- they currently are in my budget and have my preferred dates open next year.  I also spoke with The First Colony Inn and we were going to stop by, so you loved it?  I havent hear much about it but it looked really cute online.  Nags Head Links and Club we also have appointments at.  Re caterers, meeting with OB Bistro, Red Sky and Ortega'z.  Do you have any feedback on any of those?

Funny you are going to a wedding at Whalehead Club, I think The Proper Setting is coordinating one of the weddings Sat. because they asked if I wanted to come by there too!  It doesnt work with our schedule since we are flying in tomorrow then heading right to meetings all afternoon.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jkramas - 108 Budleigh and Jennettes Pier would have been on my list, but our wedding is too big. Budleigh is beautiful...and Jennettes we will both see this weekend. I plan on checking it out since its the grand opening. First colony Inn is a great place for a tent outside!
    Is the OB Bistro, Ocean Blvd? If so, they have amazing food! I am not sure about their catering though. We are actually thinking about having our rehearsal dinner there. Red Sky is definitely one of the best as far as wedding catering goes.

Kerri and Nannette are my wedding planners! Are you working with them too?? That is why we are headed to Whalehead to see them. Too bad you won't be headed that way.

Hope you have lots of luck this weekend!
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crazy, we will be at the grand opening too around the same time I bet!  And yes, I am going to go with Kerri and Nannette I think.  I wasnt sure about getting a coordinator, but now from all the feedback, I am going to go for it.  Kerri is the cousin of one of my close friends, so we are meeting with her Sunday since we couldnt make it down to the wedding Sat, too funny!  We are bound to run into each other this weekend :)

OB Bistro is Ocean Blvd.  Food and pricing looks good/competitive.  I think I am going to love all three and it may come down to pricing, so that may be a tough choice. 

Good luck to you too this weekend!  You can see my photo under my profile, so if you see someone that looks like me, come say hi!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous of those of you who can go to the grand opening!  We bought a plaque on the pier and I'm DYING to see it!  This time next month we'll be there, so I'm trying to practice patience. =)

Welcome, lela!  Purple and green are such fun colors if you decide to stick with them.  We added touches of pink and orange too, but we're mostly just using purple and green.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ms. teach, if you want me to take a pic of your plaque, PM me your name and I will try and find it for you.
  • edited December 2011

It's probably like finding a needle in a haystack, but ours is in section 5 so it's the next to last part, right before the end of the pier's viewing deck.  It doesn't have our last names, so it just says:

Beach Dreams
    Christi and Ryan
    June 24, 2011

If it's not crazy and you can snap a pic that would be so nice of you, but don't worry about it if it's hard to find or super packed.  I tell my third graders that they have to learn to be patient all the time, so I'm trying to take my own advice. =)

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will def. give it a shot for you!!
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_new-crew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:8427e65b-283f-43ca-b90f-5c735a93b8c8Post:599e5427-3c8b-4fa1-b612-286b4f1bc699">Re: New to the Crew!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's probably like finding a needle in a haystack, but ours is in section 5 so it's the next to last part, right before the end of the pier's viewing deck.  It doesn't have our last names, so it just says: Beach Dreams Christi and Ryan June 24, 2011 If it's not crazy and you can snap a pic that would be so nice of you, but don't worry about it if it's hard to find or super packed.  I tell my third graders that they have to learn to be patient all the time, so I'm trying to take my own advice. =)
    Posted by ms_teach[/QUOTE]

GOT IT!!!  PM your email address!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I also live on the Outer Banks (born and raised :-)  So if anyone wants any special info/advice/pictures feel free to ask!  I am also Jennette's Pier bride (we booked back in January because all of 2011 was filled up!)  Got to go up there this weekend and check it out...GORGEOUS! We are so excited to have our reception there.

Here's a Fun fact:  
    For those of you who were at the opening, my FI was the one driving the US Coast Guard boat around the pier during the ceremony!  Smile

• edited December 2011
    Just found this board today and I was wondering what you all thought about the Whalehead Club as a ceremony or reception site. Thanks!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi Allison!  (is that ur last name in your sig too?  If so, may want to consider changing that for privacy/security reasons)  Just looking out for ya hon :)

WOW!  Is all I can say about the Whalehead Club....very very pretty and a bit pricey, but worth it in the end.  I don't have much feedback to offer you b/c I knew I wanted my venue further south but I have heard nothing but good things from the Whalehead Club.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards