Nevada-Las Vegas

Average vendor prices in Vegas

I'm feeling overwhelmed with planning a wedding. It's so early in my planning process, that I haven't started calling vendors, but I would like to know how much the average vendor costs here for photo, DJ, and officiants (these are the costs I'm most concerned about). My budget is small, and with my fiance's guest list growing and growing like some uncontrollable behemoth, I'm expecting to increase the reception budget and decrease somewhere else, so I'd like to know where that might be possible.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Average vendor prices in Vegas

• edited December 2011
    There isn't an average price....honestly you can get everything you need at any pricepoint, that's the beauty of getting married in the wedding capital. If you tell us more about your budget, we can help you find the vendors that fall within it
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    DJ's can run $400 to $3000 depending on who, where and how long.  Officiants rarely are more than $300 if they come to you or rarely more than $100 - $150 if you go to them (i.e. chapel).  Photo is typically anywhere from $700 to a few thousand depending on vendor, number of hours, day of week, etc..

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    My budget for everything is 10K, and for DJ I have allotted $500, ceremony $400, and photo $1000, but what I'm being quoted for regarding reception food (not including cake) is over my budget when you include tax and tip. I think my real problem is the groom wants to invite twice as many people as I want to, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to argue with him about it if I could take money from another category and pay more for the reception.

We're also talking a Saturday evening wedding here. One book I read says you can expect 20% of your guests not to show up. When all of your guests have to fly to your wedding as they will with us, does this number increase statistically-speaking?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also doing a Saturday evening wedding.  My DJ was more than $500, ceremony package way more than $400, and photographer over $1000. Your estimates are on the lower end so I would not cut anything from those areas.

Don't count on people not showing up.  Do a poll to find out how many people had MORE than what they had counted on show up.  Budget for your numbers. 

Personally, I think you should invite fewer to give your guests more rather than invite a ton of people and skimp on the event.

Groom is going to have to either pony up more budget or cut his numbers.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_average-vendor-prices-vegas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c0b29c43-012a-4bbd-abac-20fddfcda874Post:d9d131c2-d77a-4b92-ba62-327c3824f707">Re: Average vendor prices in Vegas</a>:
    [QUOTE]My budget for everything is 10K, and for DJ I have allotted $500, ceremony $400, and photo $1000, but what I'm being quoted for regarding reception food (not including cake) is over my budget when you include tax and tip. I think my real problem is the groom wants to invite twice as many people as I want to, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to argue with him about it if I could take money from another category and pay more for the reception. We're also talking a Saturday evening wedding here. One book I read says you can expect 20% of your guests not to show up. When all of your guests have to fly to your wedding as they will with us, does this number increase statistically-speaking?
    Posted by EverlastingLove2012[/QUOTE]

Since you're already out there, have you considered a mid-week or Sunday wedding?  Could save you quite a bit off Fri/Sat night prices.

Regarding guest counts, we had about 80% attendence and most of our guests came from Florida so I wouldn't count too many people out.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Saturday evenings tend to be a little more expensive for venues from what I've seen. Ours is a saturday too. What is you guest list number looking like? I agree w/ Smokey, I would take a good look at your list and decide who really means the most to you two and who you really want to be there. It's easy to get carried away with lists if your adding anyone who has ever crossed your paths, like college acquaintances. 

For photography check out Bentley & Wilson
    http://wilson702.com/index2.php#/home/
    Todd is well-known here on the boards and he does amazing work for amazing prices. We got our engagement pics with him and booked him for our wedding!

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for the link to that photographer. His prices are lower than what I expected to pay, so that's encouraging. I know that in the end we have to invite fewer people to save money. I have no problem with that because I don't even speak to that many of my relatives on a regular basis and sometimes go two or three years without seeing them, so to not have them present isn't going to break my heart. But his family is bigger, and he has more friends, so I know this part of planning will be hard on him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you two sat down and gone over a wedding budget?  By doing this Husband could see we couldn't afford to invite everyone we knew and enabled us to start whittling down the guest list.
    You can take it farther by showing how much this will cost per head and what you guys will need to save per month to make this happen.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    if you're looking to get married on-strip and have a 'traditional' type reception in a ballroom w/the hotel catering - a lot of that info is available online.  Or you can get it if you request it via email. 

Book Todd early.  He's hard to get (I couldn't get him!) and has a very good reputation and prices. 
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We did our Saturday evening wedding for 85 people on an 10-12K budget and we came under.  So it is possible you may have to cut some things and keep some things.  Like PP you and your FI need to sit down and figure out what are the MOST important things to you on your wedding day.  Ours was ceremony site, photography and reception, all the extra stuff, was not necessary for us.  I also DIY'd a ton of things that also saved us between $2-3K.  Once I sat him down and put a dollar to everything he realized inviting everyone he has ever known was not going to be possible.  Also we didn't do a full "sit down" dinner we had stations and ordered enough food where everyone still got a full meal but it wasn't "formal," (that wasn't the type of wedding we wanted).

Once you figure out your must have's and estimated guestlist then we can offer you more help too.  But if you have a date in mind for Bently/Wilson - you should call him now, he fills up quickly.  He was my first choice but he was already booked for our date.

Also check out the knottie list to get some ideas of where other brides have been too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards