North Carolina-Outer Banks

Little Touches

Hey ladies!  I am getting down to the end of planning (wedding date is 6/3) and right now we just have a couple of loose ends to tie up, but I took the easy route and hired a planner, so its pretty smooth sailing from here on out.  I feel like I should be busy right now though, so maybe thats why I am now trying to think of little touches/ ideas to make our wedding unique?  Does anyone have any ideas that they are using for their ceremony and/or reception that they would like to share?? 

I was thinking of having a signature drink, probably a basket of flip flops for people to change into, lots of cameras around for people to take candids with, but I just feel like we are missing the 'wow' factor or a unique idea. 

I guess having the wedding on a beautiful home on the beach will stand out enough, but if anyone has any great ideas, I would love to hear them :)

Re: Little Touches

• LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a signature champagne cocktail during our cocktail hour.  I think It's fun and something people will remember.
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you doing any baby pictures of you and your FI? Or a slide show? We are going to hang some rope and attach "growing up" pics of FI & I and also making a funny video to show at our cocktail hour.

I think the fact that it's at the beach, at a beautiful beach home is quite unique in and of it's own though! I'm sure whatever you decide to do for extra is going to be perfect.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea, Sarah.  Especially since destination weddings will be mostly family and close friends.  I have done a geneaology search and will have a family tree for each side of the family.  It was pretty interesting doing the search.
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with PPs that I think we have a unique destination/ concept compared with most weddings our guests have been to, so I do think it's pretty personal already, but I hear you - I've been trying to work out personal touches for the last month or so also!

Not sure if you've thought about your "guest book" but I've seen a few cute, more personal ideas than the typical book people sign...

1) Thumb print family tree - I think I saw this on Etsy - you buy a print with a tree with branches and people ink their thumbs and stamp the print as the leaves, and then sign their names by that.  I thought this was cute but wasn't sure how the whole ink thing would turn out.  (I have children coming to my wedding and can picture lovely thumb prints on my wedding dress.  :) )
    2) Have a few books with different questions, like, "What is your favorite memory of us?" and "Where do you see us in 5 (or 10) years?" and "What is your advice to us as we start our life as a married couple?"  I really like this idea, but we chose...
    3) Surf board guest book - http://www.etsy.com/listing/58554584/27-inch-starfish-beach-wedding-surfboard I think it's just so cute and plan to hang it on our porch post-wedding.  

Just a few thoughts to get the ball rolling.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We had a cigar bar and really turned out to be a hit with the men.  We got a lot of cute pictures out of it too.  Wedding tend to pay so much attention to the women that I found the men really enjoyed it.
  • kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are doing a signature drink. We went to a local bar near our house that has great bartenders and he did samples for us. The bartender just made them up as he was going along.  We decided on 2 different drinks, the best one is a rasberry lemonade.
    It has citron vodka, fresh lemon juice, 7up, sour mix, rasberry liquor (he used chambord, but when we tried it at home we used the cheap kind and it works... just changed the color).
    SOOOO GOOD!! It tastes just like lemonade!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards