African American Weddings

My tiny recap

Hi Ladies,
I've been going back and forth about doing a recap but I'm going to do a tiny one and get it out of my head.

Honestly I don't have very many details about the days leading up to the wedding. The week preceding the wedding was just very hectic and it appears all lines of communication broke down everywhere. Somehow we managed to pull off a successful rehearsal and rehearsal dinner that Thursday. I was off Friday and attempted to pull together last minute details. My then FI and I fought the entire time about everything. The fighting came to a head and we briefly called off the wedding THE DAY OF THE CEREMONY. 

At any rate, between all the folk praying for us and no one else but God intervening, we managed to pull it together and went forward with our ceremony right at sunset on Saturday March 24th. I got dressed in a hurry and lost my photographer in the process (she was sent home) so all the planning essentially went to waste. 

The most important people were there with the exception of one (another tragedy of the day) and the purpose of the day was fulfilled. FI and I were married and shared communion with each other and the children. We partied as much as we could with friends adn family and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

I don't say all this to complain about my wedding or cast it in a bad light. It is what happened and while I can't say I wouldn't have changed all the stress leading up to it, I know I wouldn't have changed the outcome. And isn't that the reason we are here?

Enjoy your planning ladies, I love you all and wish you success and prosperous endeavors.

Oh and DH and I will be welcoming a little one come September Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com

Re: My tiny recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards