April 2013 Weddings

Plus size flower girl dresses?

Hey girls! Anyone know where to get a plus size flower girl dress? FI daughter is 10 but the largest size flower girl dresses we are finding is a kids size 14. She would need about a 20. We are fine just getting a pretty easter dress or something like that, but can't find the right size. We just want to find a dress she feels super pretty in. any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Plus size flower girl dresses?

• I just read your post to my mother and she said to try sears. Good luck! My mom is plus size and she was looking at a website that was relatively inexpensive that did custom made to size dresses called lightinthebox.com or inweddingdress.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • There is no such thing as a children's size 20.  After a size 16, she would go into an adult S or XS, or the juniors department if there is one.  Have you looked at places that sell Jr. Bridesmaid dresses?  That would probably be the next step, because you're running out of time for a custom made dress, and if you went that route and it still didn't fit, you'd be up a creek for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • We got one of my flower girls a bridesmaid dress and added straps do make it more girl like..... Good luck!
  • Do not go to lightinthebox or inweddingdress they are both Chinese knock off sites and you get poor quality. Like others have said try a JR bridesmaid dress or a communion dress. DB has some pretty JR BM dresses.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2013
    Try FlowerGirlDressForLess.com (link: https://www.flowergirldressforless.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Flower-Girl&Category_Code=16_20 ). They seem to have sizes 16-20. I bought both flower girl dresses there and both ring bearer tuxes (Men's Wearhouse wanted to charge us $180 for a kids rental!!!). They arrived quickly and are a pretty good quality for the price. They're only going to wear them once anyway.

• Go to David's Bridal.  They have Junior sized dresses.  You'll be able to get her a junior bridesmaids dress, which won't be made for girls w/ boobs.   that shoudl work.  Have them take it up if it's too long.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• I saw some dresses that size at Sears over the weekend. Communion/Easter dresses, but hey, they were pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

• Great!  Thanks everyone!  I will try Sears first.  If not, I will look into a junior bridesmaid dress at DB.  I would love to order online, but if it doesn't fit her we will be running out of time to send it back.  We couldn't get it too early because she grows so fast and we didn't want it to be too short or too small.  Thanks again!  I'll let you all know what we end up with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards