Florida-North Florida

Winterbourne in Orange Park

Hey ladies, does anyone know anything about Winterbourne in Orange Park? The rates there are unbelievably cheap, and it is right on the St. Johns river. Just wondering if anyone has been there before? Is it worth looking into? TIA!

Re: Winterbourne in Orange Park

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a beautiful location.  I definitely recommend checking it out.  We ended up getting married in Gainesville but The Winterbourne was on the top of our list.  I suggest going there when they have a wedding so you can see how everything's set up.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We have a tour scheduled tonight at the Winterbourne, so I will post some comments later.  We look at Club Continental last night, which is on the same grounds, and it's a beautiful spot right on the river.  I have looked through extensive portfolios of both locations and they are amazing.  It is definitely between these 2 spots, though CC is much more expensive.
  • AustinzGirlAustinzGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, Courtney!! I just came over here to ask for you lol!! That was the other place I was going to mention to you! Hope it checks out for you so you can keep your date!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of checking Winterbourne too... let me know what you think and what the prices look like :)
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • RayRaysDarlinRayRaysDarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, i have called them multiple times in the past couple of days and even left messages but i have not heard back from them at all :( I am disappointed :( I was really looking forward to getting more information on this location.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for checking for me Court! I was wondering if Id se you on here :) 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meggo did you get married at Sweetwater? Ive been emailing with Lauren from there. It is beautiful :)
  • edited December 2011
    So, we did our tour of the Winterbourne tonight.  It is a historic inn with a Bed & Breakfast feel.  The grounds are beautiful.  The ceremony area is on the front lawn on the riverfront.  There is a stationary arbor.  There are rose gardens along the perimeter of the property of the ceremony area.  There is a BEAUTIFUL garden area in the back as well with a covered patio area and additional seating.  Hardwood floors, huge windows... very reminiscent of of an old, historic home that I lived in some years ago.  It feels very cottage-like.  The main reception area can seat 62 people, the DJ and the main cake cutting table.  There is an adjacent room through an entryway where the buffet is set up, the groom's cake and some additional seating.  As I said, there are french doors that lead out of this smaller room to the garden with even more seating.  I think this venue is perfect for about 100 people or less.  After dinner, they remove 2-3 tables in the main receptioin area (where the DJ is) for dancing.  The bar is set up on the front porch, which is quite large, and overlooks the front lawn and river.  The venue is very quaint, and some of the pictures I have seen of weddings there are incredible!  In my opinion, it is not a "party" style reception venue.  But then again, I could be wrong.  It's hard to envision it's potential without decor.  For the price and the incredible locaiton, I would give the Winterbourne two thumbs up.  Heads up, dates seem to book fast.  The only time left in April was Easter weekend, and I believe Candace said the only date (Sat night) left in May was the 19th.  We toured the Club Continental on Monday night and have decided to book there for April 27th.  Two very different venues with very different styles.  Both are beautiful!!!
  • edited December 2011
    what are the price ranges?
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Navywife310Navywife310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Winterbourne in December! Our date was originally set for our one year wedding anniversary (3/19/11), but thanks to the Navy it got moved THREE times! Candice is awesome and is very nice and understanding about everything! Warning about CC, they are expensive and (I have heard from other brides and our photog) that the lady there is kind of pushy when it comes to schedule. I can't wait for our ceremony. You can't beat the view, the comfort of the "house" feel, and the price! Good luck in your decision!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards