Ohio-Cleveland

Looking for a finished barn

Our wedding has a rustic/country theme, but we want to keep it extremely classy (no hillbilly here!) and we've seen pictures of beautiful, finished (think: insullated and not-drafty or falling apart) barns used for receptions.  Does anyone know of any beautiful, finished barns that could be used in the Cleveland/Akron area?  We're looking at a December wedding, so we want something that is heated like a regular banquet hall would be, just something that looks like a classic/classy barn.

Here's an example of what I mean:  http://pinterest.com/pin/174879579/

Any tips or help would be wonderful!  Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." - Dr. Seuss

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Looking for a finished barn

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heritage Barn in Stow holds up to 200 people.
    http://207.56.204.214/Departments/ParksRecreation/facilityRentals.shtml

Goodyear Barn at Springmist Farms in Brunswick Hills is definitely finished. Also, capacity of 200:
    http://www.springmistfarms.com/bigbarn.htm

Skyview Lodge is more lodge-like than barn-like, but I'd call it rustic because of its location (Brunswick) and orchard view.
    http://skyviewlodge.net/

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LaBellaBarv66LaBellaBarv66 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a place called The Barn restaurant in Smithville, Ohio. You can check out the website( www.thebarnrest.com)
    There's also Mapleside Farms in Brunswick
  • Jenjs4Jenjs4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Brookside farms, it's the nicest renovated barn i have seen, i think you will still need to get space heaters since you are planning on having it in December.   here's the website, http://markjschumacher.com/farm/barn/ the pics on their site are from last summer since then they have added more lights, i would look at this wedding from earlier this summer to get a better idea. http://www.leahaubreyblog.com/?p=658

P.S. we have the same inspiration photo. :)
  • sodawsonsodawson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to check out Crystal Brook Farm in Chagrin Falls- it sounds like it might be what you are looking for. We looked before deciding on Brookside- Crystal Brook is gorgeous but it actually has a more of a wintery feel to it (and we're getting married on Labor Day weekend). The owner does not advertise- only by word of mouth and only takes a few bookings a month. There's no website but there are a few blogs that have pictures, I think Audio Extremes has their holiday party every year there and it might give you an idea of what the inside looks like. Inlux photos also shot a wedding there last November and they have some images up too. Good luck!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @sodawson, about how many people does Crystal Brook hold and do they have a caterer or can you bring your own? That looks like a gorgeous place from the pics I saw online.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sodawsonsodawson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it was big enough to hold our anticipated guest list of about 175 but I would say 200 max especially if you want to have an indoor ceremony. IIRC, she has a list of preferred caterers but there seemed to be a good variety to choose from. We are having BBQ and there were at least two of the vendors she listed that were able to accomodate that. Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    You could try Quailcrest Farm, in Wooster.

http://www.quailcrest.com/

It accomadates about 150 people and you have to get your own catering. It's a lovely place, although I ended up going with a different venue myself.
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • danibellardanibellar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Quailcrest in about 10 days (yikes). They are a lovely facility and great people to work with. However, I would not recommend the venue for over 120. Especially if you are doing the ceremony inside. Also, be aware, there is not a full kitchen. We are using a church around the corner for all of our cooking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • londonbellelondonbelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like Botzum Farm it's a nice rustic look not a really polished over the top barn look.
  • danibellardanibellar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Botzum and did love the look. However, the walls are not finished and we were very concerned that the temp would be too cold for our October wedding. Also, the restrooms are detached and parking is far away (three fields) so not really the heated venue you are looking for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nikki2114nikki2114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jilbert Winery in Valley City.  It's a small venue, but gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    You ladies are amazing!!!  I'll definitely be checking out these venues, and hopefully some of them will work out! :)  Thanks so much for all of the wonderful advice and tips!

@Jenjs4: great minds think alike :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." - Dr. Seuss

• edited December 2011
    @Jenjs4 Brookside Barn is gorgeous!!!!  It would be perfect, especially since my parents live in Atwater, which is about 10 minutes away!  Thank you so much for sharing---if you don't mind me asking, could you PM me some information about pricing since I can't find any on the website?  If you're not comofortable with that, I totally understand.  Thanks so much for sharing this venue!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• randimc26randimc26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have the contact information for Crystal Brook Farm?
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found this on google...you can try calling the number:

Crystal Brook Farm

(440) 543-4166

19000 Snyder Rd 
    Chagrin FallsOH 44023

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TheMohicanCabins.com is building a Barn for wedding receptions near Loudonville, Ohio. It will seat up to 300 or adjust for a cozy 50 guests. It is half way between Cleveland and Columbus. Check out there website. They also have four cabins and Ohio's first treehouse that you can live in and it was designed by Pete Nelson. Google Pete Nelson Today show. He is a legend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards