Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Any one else with super short hair?

I have a pixie cut, and have no interest in growing it out for my wedding, or getting extensions.  It's super thin so it can't really hold a comb.  I have no idea how I'm going to wear a veil (I want a blusher that can be flipped back to maybe fingertip length).  People have suggested I wear a cut headband, but with glasses, those don't work too well.  I've tried searching google for images, but none of them work for me.  I normally love having my short hair, but I'm starting to feel like it won't work for a wedding.  All I ever see are fancy styles for people with long hair.  Even if my hair was long, it wouldn't hold any of those looks.  Any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Any one else with super short hair?

• I have short hair which I will be doing extensions for my wedding day, professionally done and ONLY because FI is he**bent on me having long hair on our wedding day.

However; I LOVE, LOVE LOVE!!! my short hair. My suggestion would be honestly, you don't have to wear anything in your hair. a delicate hair pin with a pretty jewel on it strategically placed is always enough. A good short haircut does not need much accessory to be beautiful to me. I would focus on having a killer cut, with nice colors (done in advance to avoid mishaps) and killer makeup. If you absolutely must do something...make it petite and delicate. That always works for short do's....
    My niece, Kennedy Alivia, Cancer SURVIVER!!!! God works miracles - Daily! image
  • also birdcage veils work best with short hair. that is what i'm going to be doing. :)
    My niece, Kennedy Alivia, Cancer SURVIVER!!!! God works miracles - Daily! image
  • I have a pixie cut and also plan on keeping it as is for my wedding.  I am planning on a birdcage veil with a pretty fascinator (similar to the person's bio that was linked above).  I'm a bit worried as well about a comb or clip not sticking in my hair well, so I am looking for a light fascinator, and I plan on taking the pieces to my hair trial and seeing if they can make it work. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Employ the use of hair clips/bobby pins for holding the veil. As for how to do something with your hair, I would go with a textured look for your pixie-- Look at the Hermonine girl, can't think of her name, and some of Victoria Beckham's pictures when she had a pixie. You will find something that will suit you, your hair, and your wedding, and I know you'll look fabulous. 
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • i had short hair for forever. i've been growing it out for months but its stuck at just-before-shoulder-length and its driving me nuts! i'm chopping it off. it's much better looking short. i find it irritating that there are so few sources for us short hair brides but this is a good one: http://rangolijewellery.blogspot.com/2010/11/sneaky-peakshort-hair-for-weddings.html

polichik's pics are gorgeous! i have been fighting the urge to go short again but these are giving me the guts to do it! 
  • I have short hair too, and before I went dress shopping i was dead set on not wearing a veil or anything. Of course they put one on... and I cried... and decided I had to have it, but my hair is super thick (not always the best for short hair) so it holds the veil fine. But why not consider not having one? I'm sure your hair would look stunning without adding anything to it :)
    IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm wearing my hair super short for the wedding, just as I do everyday.  I will not have a veil, hat, comb ... nothing but hair!  I will spend a good deal of time finding just the right earrings and necklace though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards