Moms and Maids

Bridemaid "zilla"

My wedding is 6 months away and everything has been fun planning and everything is DONE. I have some of the best bridemaids in the world except for one. Evrything has to be drama filled with her. She actually got mad because she is bigger than the other girls and proceeds to bring it up. Nobody cares about that or brings it up. SO WHAT! I chose her because she is a dear friend. Please ask me why she ordered a dress 4 sizes smaller?! We do not need no issues come that wedding time. I would feel bad for her if the dress does not fit then. The rest of us get along great. I have not acted like bridezilla at all. She acts like its all about her.

Re: Bridemaid "zilla"

• AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridemaid-zilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8aa4b624-3e34-4f98-b99b-ef3ef96f0e25Post:78b3ee17-9904-4ed9-a3be-daaf448cfa70">Bridemaid "zilla"</a>:
    [QUOTE]     My wedding is 6 months away and everything has been fun planning and everything is DONE. I have some of the best bridemaids in the world except for one. Evrything has to be drama filled with her. She actually got mad because she is bigger than the other girls and proceeds to bring it up. Nobody cares about that or brings it up. SO WHAT! I chose her because she is a dear friend. Please ask me why she ordered a dress 4 sizes smaller?! We do not need no issues come that wedding time. I would feel bad for her if the dress does not fit then. The rest of us get along great. I have not acted like bridezilla at all. She acts like its all about her.
    Posted by joiner521[/QUOTE]

<div>Is she always someone who likes to stir up crap just because she's bored or needs the attention? If so, you pretty much stepped on your own foot with making her a BM. The best thing you can do is just ignore the drama she is trying to create and continue on.</div><div>
    </div><div> Basically it is her responsibility for alterations if she bought 4 sizes too small (my best friend's sister did this) and so she has to fix it. If she doesn't she will either A.) remove herself from the WP or B.) Look ridiculous in a dress everyone knows is too small. But basically let this go because there is nothing you can do since once again it is her responsibility to get the dress. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto pp. Don't mention wedding related things to her, that should solve a lot of your problems.

As far as the dress goes, that is a serious problem. Usually dresses can only be let out a size or two. Is there anyway that you can talk to her in all honesty and a sincere way about it and maybe you can change the order before it is too late depending on long ago you placed it?
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, depending on the dress it is almost cheaper to buy the correct size if possible. The only thing she can do is probably get more fabric and add like that (this is what my BFF's sister had to do and it did cost her almost the same amount as the dress). 
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a hard one when they order incorrectly sized dresses. There are only 2 things I can think of that might help avoid the 2 sad situations that could very well occur that pps mentioned. 

One would be to have the girls go to the salon to get measured. This would assure that they get an accurate size. Make it more about comfort and style than about numbers. I'm having all of my BMs do this and they agree-- they want  the dress to fit right.

The other thing would be to explain to her that BM dresses are often sized very small. This may not be the whole truth in your case, I don't know, but all of the dresses my girls tried on were on the small side. We were like, "that's an 8?!" If you can get her to believe that the dress numbers are all on the small side, maybe she could be convinced to pick a larger one. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards