Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Anyone not doing a french tip mani/pedi?

Hi girls!

I'm wondering if any brides out there are going with something different than a french tip on fingers or toes? I've heard of some brides going with neutral shades or sheers. If you're doing something different, what color are you going with?

Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker IMG_0710IMG_0688v

Re: Anyone not doing a french tip mani/pedi?

• I'm going with a sheer pink! I love the way sheer ivory looks on nails and I also think that's a nice alternative. If your style is vintage sheer colors are perfect. I had a friend go with an antique blue -- it totally worked for her!
  • I'm still not sure about what color I will be doing but I will be doing a color instead of a french tip. I'll probably go with a color that matches my wedding colors
    Future Angie Ayrton
  • short red nails, purple toe nails, my wedding is the week before halloween so I'm having fun with it!

• I will be wearing sheer pink.  i don't want to pay for a mani only to have it ruined when I DIY my flowers the day of my wedding.  Also, I am known for always having my nails a shade of pink.  It just makes more sense!
  • I went with an OPI color called "Pearls of Wisdom." It's sort of a pearly pink, slightly iridescent shade. It looked really nice in pictures.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Retro Half moons for me.  I will probably find a vintage color and try and match it in the fuschia/red tones.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm doing light pink nails and probably a bright coral/red toes. I am not a fan of french..plus we are leaving straight for our honeymoon and I want "vacation toes"...lol
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Red...red...red...red
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Red here as well. FI loves it and I detest French ont he toes so that was never an option.

I will be getting the OPI Axxium gel polish before we leave for Mexico.
  • Sheer pink for my fingernails.  I might do my toes in blue.
  • no french here. i'd love to do red but i think i'm going to have too much red going on that day! but... i don't like the look of french on my feet, and i don't want acrylics (my nails curl if they grow too long so a natural french probably won't be too swell). so i'm going with either an opaque nude or pink - i just have to find the perfect shade!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing red for both to match my shoes!
  • Sheer pink, and doing it myself. I think manicures are a complete waste of money!
  • I bought some OPI nail polish - lighter pink for my finger and a dusty rose color for my toes - and a sheer sparkly pink to go over the top of both to add some shimmer.  It's your day - do what you want!  I wanted my nails to compliment my dress, not look like everyone else's. 
  • I'm probably going to do pink on my toes...I think I want to use one by OPI called "Elephantastic Pink" (my shoes are pale pink) and there's a really pretty natural-type of color by China Glaze called "Innocence"...I think it's really pretty.  Hope this helps!
  • My fingernails are super-short most of the time anyway (I play the fiddle and they get in the way otherwise), so I'm not doing anything special with them other than a sheer shimmery polish.  I'm wearing closed-toe shoes, but they'll probably come off during the dancing.  The toenails will be dark red, like the embroidery on my dress!  :)
  • OPI's Pamplona Purple for me....
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nothing on my fingers (polish doesn't stick and acrylics pop off too easily), denim blue on my toes.
  • Toes are going to be blue or silver.  Fingers might be French tips or a pale color. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most likely going with French or a nice pale sparkly pink on the fingers & a deep red or burgundy on the toes  =)
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards