North Carolina

Posting Pictures on Facebook

Are you going to mind if your guests post pictures from your wedding on facbook? Yesterday, I was looking at the September 2010 month board, and a girl was asking how to let her guests know she didn't want pictures posted on facebook.  I'm not exactly sure why this is a big deal. Others within the thread had the same feelings about these sorts of early pictures.

How do you feel about this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Posting Pictures on Facebook

• meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's weird.  If they took pictures with their own camera, they have the right to do whatever they want with them.  

I wanted my friends to post pictures on facebook because its an easy way to share photos with friends and family... I don't understand why this could be an issue. If she didn't like a picture, she could just un-tag herself or ask them to remove it. 
  • edited December 2011
    i'm with meredith! i want as many pics up as possible! we're also having a smaller wedding (only inviting 120), so i want people to see the day who won't actually be attending.

it's the one day where it's all about you!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe she's/they're just a really private person or has a stalker-ex? I don't mind if people post pics at all, but that may be because I'm not too private a person. Another idea could be that they only want people to see the pro-pics because they want to control what people see of them/only the 'good' pics.

Or she's planning on getting raging drunk and doing a wedding-themed striptease to Billy Idol's "white wedding." I wouldn't want non-pro pics of that posted online either. :-P
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Here is the original post -

I am going to do the picture cards that were mentioned in an earlier post today.  I am not a fan of having pictures from my wedding plastered all over FB.  On the card can I ask people to not post my wedding to FB?  I know that I cannot control what people do with their pics but if I don't say anything then no one will know my wishes.

What are your thoughts?

• edited December 2011
    The next person to post found this to be an appropriate request -

i think that this is an appropriate thing to do--put in small font a request saying "the bride and groom would prefer you not put any pictures of them on your social networking sites.  thank you so much for respecting their wishes!"

This response was a little further down the page. I think it is classic -

Personally I would not ask people not to post pictures of me somewhere, I'm not a celebrity. "No cell phones or cameras at the wedding please, I can't end up on page 6!" I think wedding attendees know what is appropriate to post and what is not.

Do you ask people in everyday life not to post pics of you on FB? I know this is a special day but it's not like you're exposed like you would be if you were giving birth.

• CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha love the last post.

I wonder- what if you're taking a pic of your boyfriend and yourself AT her wedding... and you want to post it on facebook because, well, that's what you do! Would that be violating this person's no-facebook-photos-of-my-wedding request? If so, her guests are not going to be pleased with her.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I did a little searching to figure what the original poster (about the FB issue) meant by photo cards. She wants to hand out a card at the wedding with a link to a photo sharing website for guests to upload their pictures for everyone to see.  I think that is a neat idea...but I'm not sure my family from Iowa even knows how to upload pictures. I seem to help them out most of the time.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having photo share cards, but I also don't mind if people post photos on fb... We are leaving for the HM the day after the wedding, and we are having a small wedding, so alot of friends aren't attending. I won't have time to post photos for a few weeks, so I'll be glad that they are posting photos so other people can see them.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you get the Shutterbooth (photo booth) then they give you a Shutteryou webpage for all your family and friends to upload their pictures to share with everyone else that was at the wedding.  I'm not doing the disposable cameras on the table thing so this is a great way to get pics from the wedding guests.

I agree with a PP in that maybe she has a stalker or ex or good friend she couldn't invite do to limitation in wedding guests allowed.

Personally I don't mind the FB photos and I'll remove a tag if I don't like how I look in the pic. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As an attorney, I know there are a lot of people in my profession who are very careful about what is online about them.  That said, no one can control what other people put online.  If someone takes a picture of you in public, it can end up online, just as easily as pictures from your wedding.  The best thing to do would be to untag yourself so they aren't linked to you. 

On a NWR note, some people are pretty dumb about what they put out there online.  Any case I get now the first thing I do is check myspace and facebook to see if the people involved have public pages.  The best I have found is a kid who was suing after claiming injuries from a car wreck.  The condition he claimed came from the wreck can be caused by trauma or by use of steriods.  The kid had pictures of himself holding a bottle of some steriod with the caption "I endorse (name of product)".  Further, we found his youtube account and tehre was a video of himself the summer AFTER the accident where he was teaching his host family in another country how to break dance....guess the neck didn't hurt too bad, huh? 

I am very careful about what I put online now -- i have all privacy options checked that I can, but if its not something I would want everyone in the world to see, or an opinion I have that I wouldn't want everyone to know, it doesn't go on there.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love seeing people's photos on facebook.  I don't care if people post our wedding photos. 
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see the big deal. I snuck (is that a word?) online during the HM so I could get a peak at the wedding pics. If friends hadn't posted any pics I wouldn't have seen any pics until my photog sent us our gallery info a little over a week after the wedding...that would just be unacceptable ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Personally I don't care.  If I really don't want a picture associated with me, I'll just untag it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards