Kentucky-Louisville

50% off or free wedding cake

Hi ladies, I just got a Louisville magazine in the mail which came with an additional eats issue. In the back there is a coupon for 50% off a wedding cake of your choice from the Bakery at Sullivan if you use Juleps catering for your reception or free cake if you use Juleps for both your rehearsal and reception. I really don't know how I ended up getting this magazine so you may have or know someone that has one at home as well. My caterer came with my venue so I can't use this but I would be happy to mail it to someone if it will help them. It expires 8/31/12 not sure if your wedding has to be by then or just book. Here's their number if you would like to call and ask 502.454.4499. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: 50% off or free wedding cake

• brides-motherbrides-mother member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IDK, sounds kind of desperate . . .
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry desperate? Care to elaborate? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • brides-motherbrides-mother member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they could sell the cake, they wouldn't have to give it away.  If they could sell their catering they wouldn't need to give 50% discounts on cake.  A 10% or 20% discount is promotional.  A 50% discount makes me question what's wrong.
  • tmc0413tmc0413 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think the point of the post was just a tip for brides-to-be. She received a magazine with a coupon and was trying to help us brides-to-be possibly save on $$ (which is greatly appreciated). I don't think it was to be taken as a debate on if it was legitmate or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think the comment was meant to say the offer wasn't legit.  Instead the poster was thinking the same thing I was, either their prices are really jacked up to start with so they can offer such a good deal or they are desperate for customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards