Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP date

How long before the wedding should I request the RSVP date?

My wedding is on Sept 23, 2011. I put on the reply card 'RSVP by May 23, 2011'
Is this to soon?
Keep in mind: most of my husbands family & friends will be coming from out of state.

Re: RSVP date

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-date-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:21d8169b-f6a5-4dd2-8f3d-bafacfa31d06Post:3d3fd2c6-459e-4122-bc72-211930261b2d">RSVP date</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long before the wedding should I request the RSVP date? My wedding is on Sept 23, 2011. I put on the reply card 'RSVP by May 23, 2011' Is this to soon? Keep in mind: most of my husbands family & friends will be coming from out of state.
    Posted by ginamloyd[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?  An RSVP date of 4 months before the wedding is much too soon.  You shouldn't even be sending out invitations that early.  Talk to you caterer about when they need a final headcount and work backwards from there.  Allow yourself a week or so to track down late RSVPs.  Generally the RSVP date is 2-3 weeks before the wedding.  4 weeks is the absolute max.
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2011
    Four months is WAY too soon!  Ours will be August 1 for September 3, 2011, and that is almost too much.  My caterer needs the count two weeks in advance, so that gives time for those mailed at the last minute to come in and for us to track down any missing ones.

ETA:  Send out Save the Dates if you are concerned about OOT guests needing to make travel arrangements.  SDT's can go out 6 months in advance for a non-holiday/no other major conflicts (like football) wedding.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards