Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding song, avenged sevenfold?

My FI and I have always been fond of the song, Warmness on the Soul, by Avenged Sevenfold and want to use it as our wedding song.

When telling my MIL and SIL our plans, they forbid it ad told me that a rock-n-roll band was completely inappropriate. I disagree, I think it's our song and our choice. How should I handle this situation?

(Please listen to the song before passing judgement! Thkx)Laughing
White Kids Love Hip Hop.

Re: Wedding song, avenged sevenfold?

• edited December 2011
    I don't even need to listen to the song, because what I think of it doesn't matter.
    Its YOUR (and your FI's) wedding, and if the song has meaning for you.... use it! Who cares what everyone else thinks ~ they can chose their own wedding songs!
    Don't feel bad or like you need to justify your choice!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-song-avenged-sevenfold?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:7974d1e1-fa90-434e-9609-c305b0f6f2d8Post:a06d1681-32f6-4b17-99c3-4a54637353fb">Wedding song, avenged sevenfold?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I have always been fond of the song, Warmness on the Soul, by Avenged Sevenfold and want to use it as our wedding song. When telling my MIL and SIL our plans, they forbid it ad told me that a rock-n-roll band was completely inappropriate. I disagree, I think it's our song and our choice. How should I handle this situation? (Please listen to the song before passing judgement! Thkx)
    Posted by lizznjohn[/QUOTE]

Two things...

1) That song is fantastic =)

2) Bull.  They can't forbid your wedding song!  It's not inappropriate at all, especially when you listen to Warmness, the words are completely perfect for a wedding!

You should just tell them that, while you appreciate their input, this is a decision to be made by you and your fiance.  The song is important to you and speaks about the two of you as a couple.

Ps, I may be biased because that's our (fiance and I) wedding song ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My dearest friend, if you don't mind
    I'd like to join your by your side.
    Where we can gaze into the stars
    and sit together, Now and Forever
    For it is plain as anyone can see
    We're simply meant to be.
  • edited December 2011
    It seems to be the first night..
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-song-avenged-sevenfold?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:7974d1e1-fa90-434e-9609-c305b0f6f2d8Post:ae48ef0a-7537-454f-8724-f2462cf17d49">Re: Wedding song, avenged sevenfold?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't even need to listen to the song, because what I think of it doesn't matter. Its YOUR (and your FI's) wedding, and if the song has meaning for you.... use it! Who cares what everyone else thinks ~ they can chose their own wedding songs! Don't feel bad or like you need to justify your choice!
    Posted by Heather822[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% and I LOVE that song!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    OMG!  "Warmness on the Soul" was also our first dance song, A7X is our favorite band. Everyone asked what our song was going to be and of course when we told them no one had ever heard of it because it isn't ever played on the radio (at least I've never heard it). It is a beautiful song and perfect for a 1st dance. We had several people comment on how pretty it was and asked again who sang it. You should do it, it's your wedding and the song should have meaning to you both. Just don't ever expect to hear it at someone else's wedding or while grocery shopping :)
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard the song before, but I love A7x.  (I tried to listen to it buy youtube is blocked at work and my phone has crappy reception right now)

My advice: go with it.  Do what makes you and FI happy Smile
  • edited December 2011
    That is an awesome song, thanks so much for posting it! I listened to it on YouTube and am going to suggest it to FI for our first dance. We are both big Avenged Sevenfold fans.

I also agree with the others, definitely use this song - especially if you and FI both like it so much. Besides, if you try to please everyone else, you won't have any fun at your own wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards