October 2012 Weddings
Options

what was the first...

..thing you did planning wise after getting engaged?

finding a photographer was my top priority!

Re: what was the first...

• Options
    reception hall. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The very first thing I did was buy a lace scarf when I was in cuba, second was the dress, third was the venue.
  • Options
    Venue!  We booked the park around the corner from our apartment. I'm amazed that it was open - usually there is a 2 year waiting list!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We booked our venue.  October is a popular month to get married and I really wanted to be sure we could get the date that we wanted.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options

Reception Venue
    Church
    Sting Quartet
    Photographer
    Florist
    Decorator
    Rolls Royce
    Dress

In that order. We booked our venue July 7, 2011 and even then there were only 2 October dates left.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Determine which state we would get married in and then start looking for venues.

• Options
    We started looking at venues first, but the first thing I got done was buying my dress. Later that same afternoon, we officially booked our venue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Reception venue- I didn't want anyone else to grab our date! Then church, dress, photograpger, dj. Unfortunately, there was craziness with the church and we had to re-work that situation, but I'm really happy with where we're getting married now.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Venue and guest list..... :)  It all snowballed from there!!!!
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • Options
    Picked a date LOL
    then went looking for dresses for fun..
    then VENUE
    and we were lucky cause there were only 2 dates in OCT she had... and we got ours...
  • Options
    Booked our church.  We then went for a reception venue and ended up having to move the date back a day (to Friday), but it worked out OK because we had reserved the church on Friday for our rehearsal.
  • Options
    Picked a date! Then photographer and dress shortly after. 
  • Options
    We decided to get married in my smaller hometown (we live in the Twin Cities but I am from SD) and since we wanted a short engagement (7 months!) we had to find a date that worked for the church and one of the few reception places in town.  So, our date was set first by booking the church and venue.  I so glad we found something that worked for us before the winter months!
    My BM are my 3 OOT sisters so they came to visit right after I got engaged and we got my dress and their dresses right away.  That was just last March and it seems so long ago!
    Anniversary
    Missing our September Sunflower
    BFP 12/23/12: EDD 9/01/13: MMC 1/31/13, baby stopped growing at 8w2d. D&C 2/01/13
  • Options
    We first determined that we wanted a small wedding, kinda picked a date (May 12, 2012) but that fell thru cuz we waited til January 2012 to start planning and everyone told me I would have a hard time planning on short notice. We booked the venue a week after I ordered my dress (just went to look but then I found my dress) in January. Next was the photographer, then the caterer (both in February). Then it was the cake in July, Officiant in August, MUA in September, and then I just need to make the appt with the Hair Salon for my wedding (They only make appts 2 weeks out). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    My Dad's men's choir was the first thing I booked (December 2010) but the second thing was the venue (March 2011)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were engaged over a year before we started planning, but once we started, the Venue was our first priority, then photographer.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_what-was-the-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:5371666d-a87a-4592-8b16-bbe449f931e1Post:7fcc6ab1-b8c8-4457-be66-fc0c9ea1d15b">Re: what was the first...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We booked our venue.  October is a popular month to get married and I really wanted to be sure we could get the date that we wanted.
    Posted by ystaalenburg[/QUOTE]

Same. Then the photographer and dress within two months of being engaged.
  • Options
    We booked the venue like 2 days later because around here you have to plan about a year out and we were only 10 months away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We looked at about 5 different venues and got the dates that they were available.  We knew which church we wanted to get married at, and when we met with the priest there were only a couple dates available for this time of year.  (We wanted to get married in the fall, and since we only got engaged in February of this year, a lot of dates were already taken.)  Luckily one of the dates available at the church matched a date available at one of our top 2 venues!  So, we booked the church first, and the venue second.  The third thing I did was buy my dress.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Venue!  We didn't even wait a whole 2 weeks after getting engaged to book it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards