Maryland-Baltimore

Band suggestions?

Does anyone have some suggestions for a good wedding band? I think I need to book one soon. My planner suggested Millenium (through the Washington Talent Group, or something like that), but otherwise, I haven't done much research. Thanks!

Re: Band suggestions?

• rechancerechance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what type of band you're looking for but I booked my string ensemble and jazz quartet through Gigmasters.com. There are hundreds of performers registered there and you can listen to samples of their work. 
  • edited December 2011
    My sister used Highway Star.  They were great and a lot of fun.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using MoodSwings Big Band.  They're really good- play a lot of classics.  Their music is definitely on the older side, however, they will learn to play stuff, and they have a huge reportiore (bigger than the huge 3-page playlist on their website).

My best friend is haveing Radiant, and they are AWESOME!  We didn't look at them originally because we thought that they would be out of our price range.... but lo and behold they're actually cheaper than what we booked :(  They have sort of a Motown feel but are very versatile.  I kind of wished we'd booked with them.  They are so good, I can't wait for her wedding! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    Millenium is supposed to be great.  We are using a band called 'Round Midnight.  We also liked the band Marquis a lot.
  • gabbridegabbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Sound Nation through C and J Entertainment.  I highly recommend Sound Nation, they were great!  My guests were entertained all night!
  • ruffian99ruffian99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We love our band-- Doctor's Orders. I think their style is similar to lots of the bands mentioned on here. Check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help everyone. I'm looking into most of these suggestions and have already learned that some of them are not available :(

If anyone's still reading, have you ever seen a band called High Society at an event? It's one of the one's we're looking at but it's really hard to judge on just those videos that they post.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards