Wedding Woes

Look at me, PWing. My judgy-pants post of the day

Am I way behind the times in thinking that multiple planned kids together before bothering to get married is trashy as all hell?  Inspired by this post:

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71592417.aspx

Re: Look at me, PWing. My judgy-pants post of the day

• I get judgy about this too.

Not from a "dirty slut-shaming whores!" standpoint--but from a "don't you want the legal protections for you and your kid?" standpoint.

Her fi sounds like such a winner too...I'm still of the opinion that if one person in a house is all "ugh, this place is a pigsty', that person better well be volunteering to clean it up.
  • Eye to eye with GBCK. 
  • 25 and two kids already gets my side eye, on top of the not married thing.

Hippie Stepsister isn't married to her daughter's father, but that's for welfare and medicaid reasons.  And she only works so many hours so she qualifies for low income things, even though she could work full time with her masters degree.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Totally agree with GB.  If you want to remain unmarried fine,but get the legal docs together to protect your family.  The cheapest and easiest way to do that is by getting married though.

Also, the guy is an ass.  DH once commented to me on how clean his friends house was.  Without a period he went on to say it must be easier to do when you do have kids playing all day and 3 meals a day there.
  • I actually read the post today.  Uhm...What the what that the only thing she's getting out of counseling is putting herself in her FI's shoes and 'trying to understand his POV'? 

She needs to break-up with the FI AND the counselor.  AND she needs to stay away from married dudes...even if they are Irish. 

That's a lot of WTF in a not very long post.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards