Snarky Brides

Morning!

I am up early to go to a job fair-fingers crossed- and my world is blanketed in snow! It's really at a disgusting point thus far. WA is NOT supposed to get snow in effing march. It's like a houseguest that eats all your favorite cereal-not welcome. But it is pretty!

Have a great day

ps. and Yesterday the sub in my classroom was called to another classroom because a teacher was so sick and the office is "so proud of you for doing so well in your student teaching" that I solo taught all day with no sub or anyone in the room and it went really well! I wish I could have gotten paid for it.

Re: Morning!

• Good luck at the fair!

Today is my Friday. This afternoon and tomorrow I'm putting the finishing touches on preparing for my event. I'm bummed H can't go with me, but I understand. At least now we don't have to make Whisky stay somewhere else, and my mom will be with me.
  • Sere, good luck at your fair.  As far as weather we are right the opposite, our pollen count is like 11,000 (no joke - a record - lucky us) and it is in the 80's, usually we don't get weather like this till the end of April/beginning of May.  I don't know anyone who isn't suffering from some sort of allergy.

Other than that my morning is more of the same.  Going to meet up with FI's son after work today and have dinner, then clean the house.  Exciting stuff I tell you. 

I've very reluctantly started reading the Hunger Games before I go to sleep at night.  So far its pretty good, although I'm finding it kind of violent for a book that's supposed to be for youth (or young adult).  I can see a teenager reading this but kids any younger than that maybe not.  Just my opinion.

So anything have anything new or exciting planned for today?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww congrats, Sere!  That's awesome! (the solo teaching not the snow ha)

Not much happening here today.  Just the usual work and gym.  I so wish it were Friday...

Oh and I bought this a couple days ago and I can't wait for it to come in!  There's another one I have my eye on that I might get as well.  It looks more professional for meetings and such and has a place for business cards.  Yes, I'm a weirdo.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I have to question the point in posting anymore if TK is just going to eat it. Theyre really ruining this place.

Today is new bbq day. Nuff said.
  • Good morning! Not much going on today, I need to start working on my employee review. Twice a year, we get reviewed on 25 different aspects of our performance, and it's on a rating scale of 1-7, with 4 being the average. If we want anything higher than a 4, then we have to provide specific bullets depicting why we're more awesome than a 4, i.e. "On 22MAR2012, I issued 17 ID cards with a less than 1% failure rate". That sort of thing.

Mine aren't due till April 9th, but I'm starting to collect data on it now since it dates all the way back to October 2011.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:64565498-14f2-4657-9608-522574d303e7">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Not much going on today, I need to start working on my employee review. Twice a year, we get reviewed on 25 different aspects of our performance, and it's on a rating scale of 1-7, with 4 being the average. If we want anything higher than a 4, then we have to provide specific bullets depicting why we're more awesome than a 4, i.e. "On 22MAR2012, I issued 17 ID cards with a less than 1% failure rate". That sort of thing. Mine aren't due till April 9th, but I'm starting to collect data on it now since it dates all the way back to October 2011.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's interesting.  I worked for a place that, on a scale of 1-5, they wouldn't give anyone anything higher than a 3 because if they did they had to give a raise.  So even if you were a kickass employee, your record didn't reflect it.  It was stupid.

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NebbNebb member
    Waaahhh :( my friend who is getting married on Monday in the Dominican is leaving right now. Im so sad I couldnt go but it would have been WAY too expensive :( I wanna see her get married though and ball my eyes out :(
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:5c250def-37cc-4e50-88d1-f5e1c98ce42b">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : That's interesting.  I worked for a place that, on a scale of 1-5, they wouldn't give anyone anything higher than a 3 because if they did they had to give a raise.  So even if you were a kickass employee, your record didn't reflect it.  It was stupid.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]
    Adam just found out his work is like that. They base your raise on personal evaluation, manager and district manager evalutation. Apparently youre never supposed to "exceed" expectations even if you are totally kick ass and if you get a raise it only amounts to a pittance. Load of bullshit if you ask me, but then again I work for a company where noone gets raises.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:5c250def-37cc-4e50-88d1-f5e1c98ce42b">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : That's interesting.  I worked for a place that, on a scale of 1-5, they wouldn't give anyone anything higher than a 3 because if they did they had to give a raise.  So even if you were a kickass employee, your record didn't reflect it.  It was stupid.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

This is kind of how ours is. People rarely get more than a 3. But they nitpick everything about everyone, and I'm convinced that even if a person or project is perfect, they go the extra mile to find something to bitch about. It's not really possible to give a compliment without a "but" immediately following.
  • Morning!

Nebb, new BBQ is exciting.  What are you getting?

Today is my 35/35.  I'm 35 weeks in w/ 35 days to go.  Hoe.lee.crap. 

Also, I caught the little cat sleeping in the crib last night.  I need to invest in some tin foil (we're fresh out) as apparently that helps keep them out?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, it was really stupid.  What kind of motivation is it to do your job exceedingly well when you know that no matter what you do, you're going to get an "average" rating?  

Sesh, so they basically make shiit up so they don't have to give you a raise/good eval?  How awesome!

Thanks, Edie!  I made my SIL choose because I was toying with seven different ones and couldn't decide which one to get ha ha (hence why I might get another).
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Shay, it's little subjective stuff. Like for me personally, they say I'm awesome at my job, BUT I'm too introverted and don't chat enough so therefore I can never move to a management position.

Or they will pick apart someone's site with small, subjective details. "I don't like this slogan" or ""CW should have used the word 'estimate' instead of 'quote,' so no perfect rating for you!"
  • After roasting all day at work yesterday we brought DB to the beach.  I was pretty surprised when she jumped right in the water and was swimming around and riding the waves into shore lol.

Here's the little devil:

Today it feels like the air might have just been fixed.  I just started feeling something blowing.  Now I will probably freeze because I dressed very lightly but in this case I'd rather be cold!  
  • Our employee reviews are really subjective too. It kinda depends on how well you can talk yourself up, and even though our bosses aren't supposed to take into account how they feel abut us personally, I'm sure it affects how they mark us, even just a little bit.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:21c26145-5374-4f8f-a005-3eb093c0c37d">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]lbarr, that's a really cute picture.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks :)  </div><div>
    </div><div>She's such a diva (hence DB: diva biitch), but then she does cute things and I forget all about her horrid behavior.</div>
  • Good morning. I am still hobbling around on one crutch after hurting my knee last week. I hate it.

I talked with my contact at the Be The Match bone marrow donation center and found out I am not able to donate to the girl I wanted to help. I am now on some medications for my pain that will disqualify me from donation. I guess they interact with the injection they would  have to give me or something like that. So we are back on track to trying to get pregnant this month. Which is a good thing because I would really like to have a baby before I lose my Grandmother. I would like her to see the baby at least once, and she isn't doing so great.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    Raynes I think its a brinkman? Its pretty big and has one of those side burner thingies. The grill is cast iron and its gorgeous. I'm bbqing EVERYTHING tonight.
  • Well, perfect example of being subjective to drag people down, I just got a warning that said not to use words like "outdoorsy" because it doesn't sound like a real word and it's too over the top to describe exploring the great outdoors and enjoying nature - for a company that rents cabins in the woods for families and hunters/fishermen.

Apparently using descriptive language is now frowned upon.
  • Morning! My bison burger last night was overcooked and disappointing. I should have sent it back but i'm too passive. They did have awesome fried pickles though! 

Today will be busy at work again but it's the first day I don't have any meetings this week. I woke up convinced today was Friday but no such luck. 

Today marks the 6 month mark to our wedding. All through the planning process i have thought most things could wait until the 6 months out. I guess this means I should get some stuff done? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Celtic, I hear ya.  I said that a long time ago about the 6 month mark.  Now that it's been reached I think 3 months sounds like a good time to start doing things....
  • Morning! I am in a really good mood today, even though I have to do a few hours of testing this morning. I am seriously considering running into Ulta for a quickie 20 buck facial because my skin just sucks now. I love their facials.

Sere- When you talk about student teaching it reminds me- when I was in high school, we had a student teacher for history class and he was SO nervous that he threw up on his first day and I think he was unable to teach that day. Poor guy ! Now that I think about it, it is kind of bad that we knew that, I think. I wouldn't want kids to know that if I were the one teaching.  
    Sounds like you are really doing well, good luck today!
  • Nebb - I love cooking sides as well as meats on the bbq. I am going to have to get better at it too. 

There are 3-4 grills behind our apartment building. Since our apartment is on the third floor I am not going to want to run up and down the stairs to make sides. I'm good at grilling certain vegetables (asparagus, broccoli) but I am going to have to expand my repertoire. Let me know if you have any suggestions. 
  • edited March 2012
    Morning ladies!

I have a doctors appt at 11 for my ear. Hopefully they can give me something.

H and I had mexican last night so I have yummy quesadilia for lunch today. Today should be another boring day. I think I like it better when it's really busy instead.

Cute pup Ibarr!

Sesh- what did you think if Justified Tuesday?
  • Good Morning!  Another day, another dollar. 

Nebb, I'm jealous of your new grill.  I want one but we'll have to wait until we buy a house since we're not allowed individual grills at my apartment complex (fire hazard).  They have nice propane ones for us to use in the rec area but it would be nice to not have to trek our food downstairs and across the parking lot to grill it. 

JCB, I think it's awesome that you're cooking so much!  Isn't it fun, especially when you try something new and you're like "this is effing awesome!  And I made it!"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:dd5be109-090b-4598-8c00-cfb20730638d">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! I have a doctors appt at 11 for my ear. Hopefully they can give me something. H and I had mexican last night so I have yummy quesadilia for lunch today. <strong>Today should be another boring day. I think I like it better when it's really busy instead.</strong> Cute pup Ibarr! Sesh- what did you think if Justified Tuesday?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! It's like feast or famine lately. I had a project that I was working on for my boss, he gave me a deadline of April 20th for it. I got started on it last week when I had some downtime while he was on vacation. When he got back, his boss said they needed it right now. Boy, am I glad I didn't wait to start on it, because I was able to present him with at least 75% of the data he needed. I was able to finish the rest of it by yesterday at lunchtime.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:d66f8d51-4b42-4d54-94e5-7e08acaf53e9">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Tell me about it! It's like <strong>feast or famine</strong> lately. I had a project that I was working on for my boss, he gave me a deadline of April 20th for it. I got started on it last week when I had some downtime while he was on vacation. When he got back, his boss said they needed it right now. Boy, am I glad I didn't wait to start on it, because I was able to present him with at least 75% of the data he needed. I was able to finish the rest of it by yesterday at lunchtime.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Defiantly! And there is only so much I can do to keep myself occupied.

Chirp- put a picture in her sig!
  • Morning!  I have a short day today, and then we're going to look at paint (again, sigh).  I'm currently debating buying some hiking poles.  Hmmmm...

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:bd4ddd21-14ee-4e3a-9e6a-40320ad86817">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning!  I have a short day today, and then we're going to look at paint (again, sigh).  I'm currently debating buying some hiking poles.  Hmmmm...
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Love, Love, Love my LEKI poles! H bought us each a pair before we went to Hawaii, I honestly cant imagine doing that 11 mile hike straight up and down without them. And we have the pads for snowshoeing too. They are so versatile.
  • See dont I look happy?
  • Haha, you DO look happy.  In The Bivvy  is having a deal on Black Diamond poles today.  I don' tknow anything about that particular brand, so I'm trying to research and decide if I want them or not.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards