California-Los Angeles

Where are you/Where did you get ready?

I'm getting married in Long Beach and wanted to rent a suite in a nice hotel as we will be doing a first look.  I called the Hotel Maya and holy moly!  It's 500/night and I will need it for 2 nites!  I was hoping to get a big suite because I have 6 BM's and they will be getting ready with me along with my FMIL and I live about 1 hour away from the area. 

What did you guys do? Any advice on how to cut costs in this arena?
Photobucket
Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where are you/Where did you get ready?

• Trex123Trex123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a Marriott Courtyard near your venue? My BM's and I stayed in a Junior Suite , it was nice and roomy and it was no more than $150
  • Trex123Trex123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      U me get hi
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Long Beach, did you check the Renaissance Marriott, the Weston, the Hilton, the Hyatt, the Avia or QM for the same nights? 

Also, if you want a super bargain check out the Best Western or Mariott Courtyard on 1st Street.

There are a lot of hotels besides the Maya, which, I believe, is a Joie de Vivre property and a little more high end.

Here is a list of some Downtown LB hotels: http://www.downtownlongbeachhotels.com/.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ladies!  I'm going to be in the Long Beach area next to check out the Bridal Convention being held there and will check out the nearby hotels as well.  I did find out thought that I might be able to get a Miltary discount at the Hotel Maya, so lets see how that goes :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Are your BMs staying with you? Can't they come over and get ready in the morning? Or get ready at home? I had an extra large hotel room with a sitting area, like a junior suite, and they gave it to me for the same price as our room block rooms, which were $150/night. I had someone come and do my hair and makeup and my mom's hair and makeup. Add my 2 BMs, my photographer, and my husband and GMs running in and out, and it was still enough room.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My venue actually has a brides room that's pretty decent size, is that an option for you?
  • czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    femfatal:  thanks for the offer, but we were able to get some rooms for 150/night at the Westin.  thanks again though!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards