Missouri-Kansas City

Advice...

So we want to have an outdoor wedding and reception... is it cheaper than an indoor wedding? do any of you know and good tent rental places in KC and how much they run?

Re: Advice...

• edited December 2011
    Tents can get very pricey and of course rain could become an issue. My sister got married in June a few years back and found a wonderful location that allowed for an outdoor ceremony, but had a reception hall surrounded with french doors for the reception and in the event of rain. It's in Bates City and called Meadowview Gardens, its really really beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    also keep in mind if you are having an outdoor wedding and building it all up yourself you will have to rent the tent, the tables, chairs, dance floor, etc. We looked into tables and chairs for a rental space that didn't provide them and basic ones came to around $3000....
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how many people you're having.  My BF had an outdoor wedding for approx 80 people and it was great (despite some rain) and she didn't spend that much.  Just make sure you do your research on rentals!
  • didde0688didde0688 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Just my 2 cents... I was in an outdoor wedding a few years ago and there are a couple things to think about.  First of all, you have to consider the heat.  The cake actually started to melt.  No one is comfortable in the heat, or looks good in a sweaty outfit.  my friend rented big fans to curb the heat- but then again we were all wind blown.  Then, you will need to think about having enough bathrooms for the guest- this might mean renting port-o-potties (which aren't the most fancy thing in the world).  An then there is the whole being in mother nature thing (where bugs and random things blow into your food).  I would vote for outside wedding but indoor reception.
  • didde0688didde0688 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards