Pre-wedding Parties

Shower please?

I have had my wedding date planned for 6 months and I have my bridesmaids picked for 4 months. My problem is that my wedding is in 58 days and not a single one of my 4 bridesmaids have talked about a shower! I have been so wrapped up in the wedding planning I didn't realize it until my mom, lives out of town, asked if she was invited to a shower. I told her I had not planned one and she said it is my bridesmaids responsibility. How do I ask them with out being a mean bride?

Re: Shower please?

•  Anyone that wants to throw you a shower can, but its not required to be thrown by anyone.

Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds good to me. I just didn't know how it all worked and have had others ask to help I guess that is the same as hosting.
  • Why don't you throw your own shower? It would be unconventional, but it could be something as simple as you and your closest women(bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother) and have a spa day, or host a dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards