Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagement session price

Hi everyone-

My fiance and I would just like a few engagement shots, so I am wondering if this is a good price for just an engagement session in downtown Chicago:

For $200, the session downtown includes the time, which usually comes to about a hour an a half; multiple locations if you want; multiple outfit changes and then the CD of about 50 edited images or so.

What do you think????

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement session price

• That seems pretty reasonable, if not a steal. I say go for it if you like their photography.
  • jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that price is reasonable  (with multiple locations)..i say go for it!! ..my photographer is charging $300 and Im in Texas.....The only reason that Im not crying and pitching a fit is because you only have one time to get it right...there are no re-dos when it comes to photos and video..so for my peace of mind..Im spending a little bit more...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • That's within the normal price range for wedding photographers here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Usually, though, clients get all the images, not just 50.
  • My fiance thought it was way too much. I didn't think it was bad, especially when we got a quote from another photographer for $500!!! I think 50 images would be fine since we don't want a lot anyway. It all adds up so fast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We paid for a 90 minute session, but got 3 hours (no extra charge), never charged for travel (1 1/2 hours) we have the rights to 197 photos on a DVD which are all edited. We paid $250 for the session, which came with 1- 8x10,  2-5x7 and $95 for the DVD.

At first I thought it was expensive because most of the other photographers included the sessions in the package. He does the custom packages instead.

By the way, just remember a CD is not High Res. This means you can enlarge it or it will get fuzzy.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards