Wedding Etiquette Forum

Morning, ladies!

Re: Morning, ladies!

• Ouch that sounds painful. Who pulls people's hair to tease? I would freak out. 
  • What did you tie dye Adamar? I have only tie dyed once, it was messy!
  • Thats really cool, Edie! Our prof is also Jewish, which I thought was cool. It sounds like the relations in Israel are very contentious at times. 
  • MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Joy, I confused the two of them as well at first.

Not that I want to put LDY in any danger, but if she does meet Steffi, I'd be curious as to how it went.  That girl is BSC!

We have my department's potluck picnic this morning.  Actually it just started now, and we're not there. Oops!  Who puts a picnic at 10am on Sunday!?!  I'm guessing it was a scheduling thing with the park.
  • Good morning.  

My netflix movie has been sitting on top of my TV since late May and I haven't watched it yet (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) - however, I have done a lot of streaming so I'm maybe still getting my $$ worth.

I wrote Steffi off when she said they were going to try to get pregnant even though she has like a 10% chance of carrying a baby to viability due to whatever issues she has.  Something about because they know her condition they have a 25-30% chance of successfully treating to the point of having a baby live long enough in utero to be born and live or something.  Seriously?  Get a gestational carrier or adopt - don't put unborn innocent children in the position to never have a chance with odds like that.  

LDY wasn't even around yesterday - does she even know what went down with Steffi?  I didn't know they were actually going to meet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-ladies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2bff0d12-54a2-4dca-a4f0-134d2369a75fPost:8dc2a861-1d16-45aa-9d63-33ac59358176">Re: Morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did you tie dye Adamar? I have only tie dyed once, it was messy!
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>SO MUCH STUFF.  Let's see, I had 3 pairs of yoga pants, a tube top and skirt for me (Goodwill is awesome for tie dye clothes), a tshirt and skirt for my goddaughter's birthday, 4 onesies, a bib, 4 tshirts, 2 tank tops, 2 scarves, and a pair of shorts.  I might be forgetting something.  Yeah it is messy.  That reminds me, I need to see if my mom has any gloves here.  I used my last pairs yesterday.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-ladies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2bff0d12-54a2-4dca-a4f0-134d2369a75fPost:347b44be-6875-46e4-9c1e-cb91b1199354">Re: Morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning, ladies! : It's crazy isn't it?! On a different note, in your sig pic is that your bouquet? What all is in it? We have been looking at different ideas for bouquets since I want to have some blues in mine but there really isn't a whole lot of pretty blue flowers.
    Posted by MrsL2014[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm pretty sure this one is mine. <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/96660493/paper-flowers-and-lilies-bridal-bouquet" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/listing/96660493/paper-flowers-and-lilies-bridal-bouquet</a>

</div>
  • Wow that is a lot, Adamar! :) Sounds fun. 

I never read that from Steffi. Though it now does not surprise me. 
  • LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    It was buried in a night thread a while back... Seeing as how H and I required some (minimal) help to get pregnant and stay pregnant - I am a great advocate for pulling out a lot of stops for people to have their own children if that's what they want, but know the limitations of medicine and don't put potential children through whatever they will go through with odds like that.  I'm sorry, I'm not digging through every night thread from 2-3 months ago to find it.  I know she was raised sheltered/backwards, but the opinions she now finds acceptable is beyond me

Edited for clarity cause one part just didn't make sense to me.

• I think that she is not very aware of the way her opinions or actions affect others. Or even herself (eating habits etc). 
  • Mrs L - Blue flowers are hard to come by if you want "real" blue flowers.  One of my favorites is Hydrangeas, but they are not very hardy and often don't do well for very long once removed from water - you can put food coloring in water and/or paint them to change the blue hue in them too though.  Whenever I've seen them used in bouquets they usually have vases with water for the bouquets to be set in when they're not actively being used/held during hte ceremoney and pictures to keep them looking nice.  
  • I totally missed that Loopy. BSC. Adamar is the tie dye queen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Adamar - how come with all the tye-dying you do, we never see you wearing tye dye in your sig pics?  HMMMM??
  • I had hydrangeas as the base for my bouquet.  We had to pick them up the day before and keep them in the fridge with paper towels over them, and I had to pull a couple of brown spots off of the bouquet the day of the wedding.  They were pretty, though.  

Ok, time to get going.  Have a great day ladies!

• I was raised sheltered and I don't have crazy tendancies. Okay, not that crazy anyway. I have noticed she uses the "I live in the country, it's a different world" excuse a few times now. I personally haven't liked her since around her 200th post when she bad mouthed Starbucks. I am serious about my Starbucks yall. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-ladies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2bff0d12-54a2-4dca-a4f0-134d2369a75fPost:8811237e-07e9-4deb-b3ba-15e5a1f825c7">Re: Morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar - how come with all the tye-dying you do, we never see you wearing tye dye in your sig pics?  HMMMM??
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha good point.  OK, my next sig will have some kind of tie dye in it. </div>

• That girl is a hot mess. I hope that LDY cancels the lunch.

I just caught up with my emails, and my STD's have shipped! Yay!

I decided to use Calla Lily's on our STD...something similar to this:

• No one else really seemed to notice when she said it.  I chalked it up at the time to me being overly sensitive on the issue since I'd been spending so much time on the IF boards due to H's and my frustruation/issues.  But the more I thought about it after the fact.... 
  • Lizzie, those are so pretty! 

Okay, I'm out to run some errands before it gets too hot here. Yall have a great day! 
  • I was sheltered as well and I don't think I'm that kind of crazy. Also, I grew up somewhat in the country. There were a lot of farms and 4H was huge. Still never heard that kind of stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah the country excuse is annoying. I've lived in both now and sure there are different mindsets and approaches but FFS. 
  • Very pretty Lizzie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    My school had Future Farmers of America Day every year and we would play cow bingo and have a petting zoo.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-ladies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2bff0d12-54a2-4dca-a4f0-134d2369a75fPost:dd3ecdd2-7c91-4c75-a185-b34128331783">Re: Morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was sheltered as well and I don't think I'm that kind of crazy. Also, I grew up somewhat in the country. There were a lot of farms and 4H was huge. Still never heard that kind of stuff.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>This is me too.</div><div>
    </div><div>Lizzie - I really like those.  I had calla lilies in my bouquet - deep red ones.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-ladies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2bff0d12-54a2-4dca-a4f0-134d2369a75fPost:a64ef122-31fb-4f96-8675-8413460128b0">Re: Morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lizzie those are really pretty.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks!  I can't wait to get them...This is my second time using VP, the first was for our annual crawfish boil. This is different though...it's for the wedding.  I'm sure they will look as nice as the proof, and people loved the crawfish boil invites.  They were cute.

</div><div>I think I'm in love with Vista Print.</div>
  • I love the simple elegance of the Calla Lily. 

As for Stefiii, or however you spell it, she's just, spooky.  

I've never, ever IRL known anyone with as many problems as she has with her health, her co workers, her FI, her landlord, her neighbors etc.

• Good morning, ladies!

Although I was up ridiculously late last night, I'm up early since we're going to see The Lion King today! :)

I've been looking forward to it all week.

Re: Stefffi -- I said it last night that I've been thinking she's was a little strange, and I was pretty much annoyed by her the other day when she was talking about having her cats "euthed"

I just kept noticing that no matter WHO was posting, she ALWAYS had some personal story that related to what was being posted. Methinks she is a pathological liar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-ladies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2bff0d12-54a2-4dca-a4f0-134d2369a75fPost:07ca2460-e1fd-4f02-8d63-90c6e6083437">Re: Morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning, ladies! : Thanks!  I can't wait to get them...This is my second time using VP, the first was for our annual crawfish boil. This is different though...it's for the wedding.  I'm sure they will look as nice as the proof, and people loved the crawfish boil invites.  They were cute.<strong> I think I'm in love with Vista Print.</strong>
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

I've used VP a jillion times since first learning about it here on TK. Our church has had several events where they asked me to design the promo stuff, and I've used VP to get it printed.

I love VP too.
  • I have used VP for business cards before and always had good luck with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards