October 2012 Weddings

Bubbles or Not Bubbles

Our venue is all in one.  I got bubbles, but my mom realized there's not good time to "sent us off" after the ceremony.  We have the ceremony, receiving line, guest to the barn for cocktail hour and we have pictures until the reception in the tent.

I emailed the venue coordinator to see what other brides do, and she said they have has guests blow bubbles as they walk back down the aisle.  Idk how I feel about this.  Part of me thinks that would be a cute picture... and part thinks its just unneeded and should just take the bubbles back.

I asked FI's opinion and now his go-to response is "Ask the Knotties"...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: Bubbles or Not Bubbles

• I don't know! FI asked about our send off this weekend, and I think I responded with a blank stare.

I am watching YOUR replies - and think I will ask MY venue!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I was recently at a wedding where they placed bubbles on the seats, and I guess we were supposed to blow them when they walked back down the aisle, but there was no announcement (or program, where it would have told us what to do), and the couple walked down the aisle so fast, NO ONE had time to open the bubbles.
    Just something to keep in mind when you make your decision.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 95 Invited
    image 70 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out!
    image 15 Are MIA!
  • I'm not a fan of the bubbles...you get all sticky when they pop on you.  plus. the bubbles may not even show up in the pictures.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_bubbles-or-not-bubbles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:527aa6f8-fb59-479a-ab41-d2a631f5f3efPost:5773e108-92bc-4a20-ad86-d674e202ad1c"><u><font color="#0066cc">Re: Bubbles or Not Bubbles</font></u></a>:
    [QUOTE]I was recently at a wedding where they placed bubbles on the seats, and I guess we were supposed to blow them when they walked back down the aisle, but there was no announcement (or program, where it would have told us what to do), and the couple walked down the aisle so fast, NO ONE had time to open the bubbles. Just something to keep in mind when you make your decision.
    Posted by AEPerpete[/QUOTE]

I plan to have a program and say bubble procession or something in it. 

But this is why I'm leaning towards no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Personally I find bubbles to be kind of passe and I'd skip it.

Anniversary
  • Our reception and ceremony are at the same place and I don't think we will do a send off.  IMO the only option is really at the end of the reception.  I've seen a sparkler send off, and I like it, but I also think it would be hard to coordinate and force everyone to stay until the end (which most would anyway).  Anyway, my vote is for not doing one. 

• I said no.  I think doing the send-off as you walk down the aisle would be a bit odd. Also, the sticky factor and the possibility they won't show up in pictures.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_bubbles-or-not-bubbles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:527aa6f8-fb59-479a-ab41-d2a631f5f3efPost:36861c0b-4947-4c67-a3eb-4a51e1b8c50d">Re: Bubbles or Not Bubbles</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bubbles or Not Bubbles : I plan to have a program and say bubble procession or something in it.  But this is why I'm leaning towards no.
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

That's good that you would let your guests know the plan, much better chance of it working out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 95 Invited
    image 70 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out!
    image 15 Are MIA!
  • Since it's in the same location it might be tricky. I was at a wedding this weekend, granted they didn't even have an aisle, they walked in from the front (it was outdoors) and at the end the exited the same way so everyone was confused about what to do with the bubbles since the bride and groom didn't even walk by us. 

Also, if everyone blows the bubbles from where they are in their seats, chances are they'll be blowing them onto the person next to them instead of you and your groom.

That said, we are having bubbles. We will be exiting the church and going to a different location so I think it's more understood that when we walk out the doors to blow the bubbles.That's what happens at 90% of the weddings I've been to. I've also seen AMAZING shots of the bubbles floating around the bride and groom.
  • We're all in one place so we're also not doing the send-off. I think bubbles look cute in pictures, but they're annoying and get all over the place and I always worry it'll stain.
    Anniversary
  • We are doing Lavender at the end. We are having our wedding at 11 am and we need to be out by 3 pm so I thought everybody going outside and sending us off at 2:30 would be a good way to get everybody out on time! So my point is, perhaps you can do it at the end, unless it is at night and nobody will see anyway
  • we are doing sparkler sendoff because it will be like 11:00pm....I don't like the idea of sticky bubbles as your walking down the isle all fresh and pretty...and then these sticky bubbles....maybe a cute picture, but I think wrong timing....
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • I like bubbles, but not indoors.  It looks nice outside but it's not a necessity by any means.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_bubbles-or-not-bubbles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:527aa6f8-fb59-479a-ab41-d2a631f5f3efPost:b1d8baa1-ab00-47f9-911c-f8d4764ae04e">Re: Bubbles or Not Bubbles</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>We are doing Lavender at the en</strong>d. We are having our wedding at 11 am and we need to be out by 3 pm so I thought everybody going outside and sending us off at 2:30 would be a good way to get everybody out on time! So my point is, perhaps you can do it at the end, unless it is at night and nobody will see anyway
    Posted by stephdi7971[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's a lovely idea!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! We got engaged at a Lavender farm so I wanted to incorporate it somehow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards