Massachusetts-Boston

Marriage License

I need to start thinking about getting my marriage license soon for my August wedding. I read that I can pick it up from any town and that the prices vary from town to town. This is correct, yes? Is there a list somewhere that says how much each town charges? Or could you ladies tell me how much you paid?

TIA!

Re: Marriage License

• I'm going tonight to Peabody and its $25.  FYI, Its only good for 60 days.

Anniversary
  • It's $50 in Boston and is a painful process.  Lots of standing in line.  If you have another option, I'd recommend avoiding Government Center.
  • smaller towns are usually cheaper/quicker/less painful.  that said, make sure you pick a place that you will remember, in case you ever have to get a copy.
  • Does it matter which city you get it in?  (Do you need to get it in the town you live or the town you are getting married in?)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_marriage-license-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:52b407ca-6975-4c9b-9ca2-686f08d2d572Post:f18efe6e-65d2-4a7b-964f-bfe1b72936ef">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does it matter which city you get it in?  (Do you need to get it in the town you live or the town you are getting married in?)
    Posted by sedoniger[/QUOTE]

nope...doesn't matter. Like I said though, make sure you remember where you get it.  A lot of people suggest the town you get married in, because you won't ever forget that.  I got mine in the town I live in because it was more convenient.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_marriage-license-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:52b407ca-6975-4c9b-9ca2-686f08d2d572Post:e1f37722-abc8-4b26-9d1f-6e83092c34f2">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going tonight to Peabody and its $25.  FYI, Its only good for 60 days.
    Posted by michelle11988[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad price. I'm going to wait probably until we're closer to mid-July to go get the license because of the 60 day thing, but I wanted to scope out prices in the meantime!
  • we got ours at city hall in Boston... no lines, nothing. Maybe we picked an off day?
  • We live in CT so we are going to hop over to Springfield soon and pick one up.  OMG I only have a month to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_marriage-license-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:52b407ca-6975-4c9b-9ca2-686f08d2d572Post:cde436ab-2fef-4bff-b378-622d18a3c76c">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]we got ours at city hall in Boston... no lines, nothing. Maybe we picked an off day?
    Posted by aug2013[/QUOTE]

What day/time did you go?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards