Massachusetts-Boston

Salem - after reception party?

Hi there,
We are getting married in Nov at Hamilton Hall.  Our reception has to end at 10 pm.  We thought it might be nice to put together an informal after party somewhere close to the Hall in Salem Inn where the guests will be staying.  Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Re: Salem - after reception party?

• edited December 2011
    oops sorry, meant "by" the Salem Inn - thanks!
  • ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you looking to rent out a room somewhere or just go to a bar?
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure - I guess open to exploring both options. 
  • edited December 2011
    there is a bar across the street from the Hawthorne Hotel. I do not know the name. The hawthorne mentioned it to me in case by guests wanted to go there after. Our wedding ends at 11 though so I know I will just be headed to my room :) The guests will likely head to the bar!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • L-BrideL-Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a "house" behind the Hawthorne Hotel with rooms you can stay in too. We had my cousin's after party here and it was great. There's a living room and a back porch with a yard.
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing the same thing.  I am getting married at Brooksby Farm in peabody and the reception ends at 9 so we are transporting by bus thoose that are interested into salem.  We were thinking the Salem Beer works, Rockefellers or the Old Spot.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I use to go out there during my college days! There is ONeils, Rockerfellas, Strega, and another place but they just changed names so I dont know it sorry! Those are all bar type of places with music if you want to keep the dancing. There is the beer works further down. All of those places are withing a 10 minute walk. Hope this helps!
  • mama_rachmama_rach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no place that you can truly book for an after party, but there are a ton of bars. The bar across from the Hawthorne is called the Old Spot. It is fun, but small. If you have a lot of people and it is a nice night, I would walk down to Pickering Wharf and go to one of the bars down there. There is Finz, Capts, or Victoria Station (which just opened a new bar). There is Rockafellas and O'Neills, but they tend to get very crowded in the summer on the weekends...but they do have music. There is a new restaurant that opened called Tavern In the Square, located near Rockafellas, but it is usually packed by 9pm! There is a bar located in the Waterfront Hotel, but they don't have music.
    You might want to look in to renting the house behind the Hawthorne (owned by the Hawthorne). Your bridal party can stay there and you can use it for the after party!. I'm not sure of the cost, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Salem Beer Works after the rehearsal dinner.  Not hosted, just a "we're going here after dinner, hope you can join us" thing.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the help!!  Great idas!
  • edited December 2011
    We rented out the upstairs room at Finz-  Susan was great and she can work with you to keep your per drink costs down.

We also hung out at the bar in Salem Waterfront Hotel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards