New York-Western

Where are you located?

Hey ladies, I'm just curious where everyone is from since "Western NY" is quite large...so vote, and then let us know what your vote is :)

I'm in Rochester!

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Where are you located?

• AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buffalo as well.  It still bugs me that it says "Upstate NY"  by our usernames!

To me, upstate is like Watertown, Saratoga Springs, passed Lake Ontario area. bah!

Sorry, pet peeve lol
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Rochester (wedding is there) but I live in Buffalo.
  • edited December 2011
    Suburbs of Buffalo
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live in Syracuse, FI lives in Rochester, I am from BLO and the wedding is in BLO.

Also the upstate thing drive me crazy as well. And Watertown is not upstate NY either that is called Northern Ny or the north country! I went to the school up there and locals don't like being called upstate any more than we do.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I am in Rochester, where are you getting married? Im getting married at Webster Golf!
    Vacation Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Buffalo!!
    June 2012 May Siggy- Me and my MOH(sis)! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are living in Nebraska right now but my fiance is from Rochester (fairport), we met at college in Buffalo and our wedding is in Penn Yan, NY (on Keuka Lake).  What I find confusing is what are the finger lakes considered, Central or Western NY.  It's why I follow both boards but I tend to post here more as Rochester is sort of our hub for many of the wedding things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The finger lakes I would say is part of central,NY
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Rochester :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_located?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:814f43dd-3ad7-4617-b19f-e10ce997a264Post:e186b588-c693-4797-b103-f33d8a3f3363">Re: Where are you located?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in Rochester, where are you getting married? Im getting married at Webster Golf!
    Posted by HBaker82407[/QUOTE]

<div>We're getting married at Woodcliff, but our ceremony is at my church in Webster :)</div><div>
    </div><div>And I would put the Finger Lakes more part of Western...but I guess it depends which lakes?  Upstate drives me crazy too :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I was just curious how many of us are Rochester vs. Buffalo especially since it seems like a lot of posts are for Buffalo!</div>
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buffalo!  and i agree - we're clearly not upstate. =P
  • edited December 2011
    Buffalo - and I totally agree on the upstate thing. 
  • snwilson0416snwilson0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Living in Rochester but the wedding will be in the Buffalo-Niagara Falls area where my parents live. 
  • edited December 2011
    Suburb outside of Buffalo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    buffalo - also known as WNY!
  • dtronoldtronol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Rochester too! And the Upstate NY thing is ridic.
    {darcie}
    save the date

April 2012 June Siggy Challenge: Then and Now!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Rochester which is where the wedding is going to be but I live in the Buffalo Area :)
  • edited December 2011
    Buffalo :)
  • edited December 2011
    Batavia :)
  • SKL924SKL924 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dunkirk/Fredonia Area!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Elmira/Horseheads and getting married in Geneva.  The central NY board is all Syracuse, the upstate board seems to be everywhere from Poughkeepsie and areas I consider downstate up to Albany and capital district, and this is all buffalo with some Rochester I feel.  I don't really have a place.  I watch all three boards, but because I don't feel like any is truly relevant I mostly stick with my month board.

I think there should be a finger lakes board that reaches into all those areas but helps all the brides getting married around the lakes, especially with how popular of DW spot its becoming.
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards