California-Orange County

Ole Hanson Beach Club

Hi All - I am looking for any feedback on the Old Hanson Beach Club.
Has anyone on here had or been to a wedding at this venue?

My fiance and I have not visited the venue yet. But it looks to be very nice, big, and open. Looks like they provide the venue and we provide everything else...

Thoughts??!  Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ole Hanson Beach Club

• slewinterslewinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to be honest.....
    I've been to a wedding there and it was the WORST!
    now, to be fair, it wasn't all bad because of the venue.  The outside ceremony was very beautiful, although the passing train did cause some pauses in the ceremony.
    The inside is very small, and for the amount of people that were at the wedding I was at, it was TOO small.  The bride asked everyone to shuffle their chairs and tables backwards so that there was a small space for dancing.
    I think that the venue has potential, however, after my experience there, I certainly wouldn't get married there
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at this venue back when I was planning and the pictures tell a very different picture than when you visit. It is very small and the train is loud when it passes right in front. Unless your having a small casual wedding I would say its not my first pick. 
  • edited December 2011
    i went to a reception there and it was really nice...they had tables outdoors and dancing inside. I agree it would be best for a smaller wedding just because the dance floor area is pretty small. They didnt have a ceremony at that location so i cant help with that aspect but otherwise it was beautiful
  • edited December 2011
    ThaNK you for the feedback. My fiance and I visited the location and we loved it. Really what we were looking for. We are only looking at having 75-100 guests, so I believe the size is just right.

We love that the ceremony site is outdoors with a beautiful view of the beach and the ocean. The fact that we are able to have an outdoor and indoor reception was also a plus for us. We really wanted to have something different than a traditional "ballroom" style reception.

Thanks again!!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DJ-CraigDJ-Craig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This location kind of has a rustic spanish look. The white stucco walls are great for uplighting. Stairs only- no elevator! Also, it can get really hot in the summer, I don't think there is any AC. Rooftop deck is nice! For the right reception, this is a great alternative to a Laguna Beach wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards