May 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaid Gift help

I know the bridesmaid gift should not be something for the wedding (like the jewelry etc) but I cannot for the life of me think of anything. All of the times I have been a bridesmaid I recieved the jewelry - but in a case to use for traveling and some bath products.

I wanted to come up with something different - but I am having a hard time. Any ideas?

Re: Bridesmaid Gift help

• I'm doing jewelry, because they can wear it more than just for the wedding.  And, I'm buying them tote bags and embroidering their names on them.  They can use that for just about anything.  I may also pick up some "necessities" closer to the wedding, like tissues, nail file, nail polish, etc.  
  • I've gotten my girls a tote bag with their initial, a Coach wristlet, and a robe with their initial. I think I'm done my BMs but I'm going to get my MOH something more. Probably a gift card to Starbucks or something like that. 

• You don't have to get them all the same thing. I did get fleur de lis earrings for all my girls since my wedding is in New Orleans but they are all different and then I think I am going to get gift cards too according to what each one likes.
  • I am getting my BMs clutches filled with a tube of lip gloss, nail polish, a gift card, and (WR) a thank-you note and a schedule for the day-of.  I will also do something extra for my MOH if she volunteers to host a shower for me or anything else that takes extra time.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting robes because 3 out of 5 of them sent me links to cute pics of all the girls in robes. But then I'm getting each of them something personal. I exchange old fashioned letters with one girl, so I'm giving her fancy parchment and a feather quill, another started her own business so I ordered her a hoodie with her new logo, my friend who I cook with is getting a cookbook I know she's been drooling over, my coworker got a cute Coach wristletthat matches her new baby bag (yay Coach Factory online!) and my sister (who is my MOH) will be getting earrings made from our recently deceased grandmother's pearl necklace.
    Anniversary
  • I bought my girls a hanger with there name engraved, a cosmetic bag with all kinds of lip glosses, lotions and fun stuff from VS at the semi annual sale and a few other places. I am also getting them saphia jewerly and it will be the kinda i know they will wear again. Yes they say not to use jewerly as a gift but I am on a budget and I know they will love it, plus they have told me time and time again don't spend massive amounts on us. I am going to get them each something small that is personal to them 3 of 6 have kids and the other 3 love wine so something that interest them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting personalized tote bags and filling them with stuff. I don't know what I'm getting our flower girl and ring bearer yet though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing personalized bags, and then probably a tank top to wear the morning of with BM, MOH and FG on it and of course a bride one for myself.  I will also probably do a small cosmetic bag with a few little things.  I gave them all bracelets I made for their "will you be my bridesmaid" gift so maybe necklaces for the day of and tissues, nail file, lotion, ect in the cosmetic bag.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Pregnancy, Wedding, Home DIY blog!
    Dating: 7.1.2008 Engaged: 11.25.11 Austin: 07.21.12 Wedding: 5.4.2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_bridesmaid-gift-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f9ccc71a-34e6-4096-931c-543000d4faa4Post:ddc35605-f119-4d8a-8e75-639a2b267ba6">Re: Bridesmaid Gift help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing jewelry, because they can wear it more than just for the wedding.  And, I'm buying them tote bags and embroidering their names on them.  They can use that for just about anything.  I may also pick up some "necessities" closer to the wedding, like tissues, nail file, nail polish, etc.  
    Posted by bburkel[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm doing :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards