Chit Chat

Paris

hey all! I'm taking a few of my bridesmaids to Paris next month. I know all the obvious and major things we will be doing but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips?? Thanks!!

Re: Paris

• Nope, you're wrong! It's a social internet board where people HOPE to get advice, haha. We're not your personal friends, just random people on computers :)
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• edited April 2011
    go see that popular giant phallic-like-thing . Girls love that thing!
    :3
  • I don't get the flame-y posts. Did I miss something?

Champs d-Elyse are a total must. I'm not sure I spelled that right though.
    If you have time, definitely take train trips to other cities.
    My friend just came back from Nice and loved it.
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • Yeah... who are you really, pink?

You are an AE for suuure.
  • Yes Joy..I have a lot of time so I just fill it with many "AE's".
    Thanks Christine! We are planning on going to Versaille for sure...I didn't realize it is only like a 30min or so trip until I started to do some research. Oh and for whatever reason ppl think this is an AE..idk.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:23a852b3-53ad-4c5f-90ed-b0d0bbb1d13a">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes Joy..I have a lot of time so I just fill it with many "AE's". Thanks Christine! We are planning on going to Versaille for sure...I didn't realize it is only like a 30min or so trip until I started to do some research. Oh and for whatever reason ppl think this is an AE..idk.
    Posted by pinkrn19[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you had many.  I said you had one.  I think you are/were a regular poster who has an alternate ego. 

I'm not alone in this, either.  You're complete aloofness about the real word is just too good. 

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the comedy you bring to the table - don't misunderstand.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:ebed421d-cfce-4170-95e3-771918aa9c6c">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girlie- I asked for advice, I was under the impression that was the point of this board.

How can all of us poor, poor peasants who are having low-class, tacky weddings and having bridal showers in people's homes possibly have any advice on jetting off to Paris with friends?

Tu me comprends?
  • What aloofness do I have? I understand why you guys thought I was a snobby brat with my opinions, so I keep them to myself now. Like I said, was just looking for suggestions. Also, what is so strange about taking a vacation to Paris? It isn't exactly an unusual place to visit.
  • I'm willing to bet that most of the posters here have never been to Paris because we can't afford to go.  Why did you think that people would be able to give you travel tips?  Call a travel agent or use fucking Google like anyone with two brain cells to rub together instead of asking for advice in a completely irrelevant forum.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • That's fine that some people can't afford to go, understandable. However, I'm sure some people have gone AND it's an international board! I did google things but sometimes people have bits of info that are helpful. That's all I was looking for.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:a72223f7-3b6c-493b-9db2-371800ca3c64">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm willing to bet that most of the posters here have never been to Paris because we can't afford to go.  Why did you think that people would be able to give you travel tips?  Call a travel agent or use fucking Google like anyone with two brain cells to rub together instead of asking for advice in a <strong>completely irrelevant forum.
    </strong>Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Not irrelevant..chit chat is all about different topics, no?
  • If you hadn't gotten off to such an obnoxious start on tk people might not have responded this way. Whether you are trying to change your ways or not..people are not going respond to you favorably on anything that may be construed as snobbery. I personally have never been to Paris so I can't really help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:a9652c1c-509d-4aa8-a6c8-7b0ff6072ff8">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's fine that some people can't afford to go, understandable. However, I'm sure some people have gone AND it's an international board! I did google things but sometimes people have bits of info that are helpful. That's all I was looking for.

That may be your intent.  However your actual posts come along as, 'Oh, look at me, I'm so rich and special and princess like that I can take all of my beautiful friends to Paris on a whim.  Don't you wish you were as special as me?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:6572a95f-beda-4b8f-8691-43bdcfb5e3b6">Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey all! I'm taking a few of my bridesmaids to Paris next month. I know all the obvious and major things we will be doing but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips?? Thanks!!

Kholle- I understand what you're saying but I reread my post and it doesn't seem mean or snobby or anything...it reads quite politely! Can you tell me if I should have done something different, please??
  • BK- I just don't see how it comes across that way but I am sorry if it did.
  • Look, no one here is ever going to like you or take you seriously.  You brought that on yourself.  It doesn't matter that you don't understand why that's the case, it just is.  Get over it, or make a new SN and pretend like none of this ever happened. 

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • FI and I are leaving for London tonight because we just have to get away from it all for a couple of days.  How about I ask some Londoners if they have some suggestions?  I'll let you know next Tuesday Dahling.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Ok Bear- that's just ridiculous and sounds a tad like jealousy. There is nothing wrong with taking a vacation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:918eda88-a4f0-4071-8c1a-fac1da43b659">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are leaving for London tonight because we just have to get away from it all for a couple of days.  How about I ask some Londoners if they have some suggestions?  I'll let you know next Tuesday Dahling.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

lol! FI and I were going to fly over to China for some take out. Any suggestions on what's good?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • haha..that's so witty..   china for takeout.
  • Holy sh!t this is so sad it makes me long for that pregly weed chick... at least she showed us a good time. lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:e5291654-ed65-4c60-80ad-6ea9a6438835">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha..that's so witty..   china for takeout.

yeah :) get it?  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:e211f94a-52ac-406e-a742-84e473eda411">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy sh!t this is so sad it makes me long for that pregly weed chick... at least she showed us a good time. lol
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]
    Everyone longs for MrsTayPrince.  She only pops up once in a while, but when she does, it's like Christmas.

• What makes someone an AE? As you can see..I joined 1/25...3 days after engagement..I believe it was the day we got home. I have posted on several boards...if some of you don't like what I say or whatever, why bother reading my posts?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:c9186ae6-a60d-46d6-beed-76f4ab2f4139">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]What aloofness do I have? I understand why you guys thought I was a snobby brat with my opinions, so I keep them to myself now. Like I said, was just looking for suggestions.<strong> Also, what is so strange about taking a vacation to Paris?</strong> It isn't exactly an unusual place to visit.

There's nothing strange about it as a vacation...I think it's coming across as something wedding related. Like a gift for your bridesmaids or bachelorette party-ish.

Are you into art? The Louvre is amazing, anything touristy is fun. Shopping the Champs Elysées is always a good time. Dinner at the Eiffel Tower is nice, if you can all afford it. Which, and this is an assumption, I would gather you can.
    ~a~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:78ea62cb-811b-4d83-b87b-937f2cf9b250">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paris : There's nothing strange about it as a vacation...I think it's coming across as something wedding related. Like <strong>a gift for your bridesmaids</strong>or bachelorette party-ish. Are you into art? The Louvre is amazing, anything touristy is fun. Shopping the Champs Elysées is always a good time. Dinner at the Eiffel Tower is nice, if you can all afford it. Which, and this is an assumption, I would gather you can.
    Posted by asmaruszewski[/QUOTE]

<strong>**Which is like flaunting money...you do you. And have a good time.</strong>
    ~a~
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:8f870b61-b8bd-4e4a-bb83-dfbc7bcb4135">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What makes someone an AE?</strong> As you can see..I joined 1/25...3 days after engagement..I believe it was the day we got home. I have posted on several boards...if some of you don't like what I say or whatever, why bother reading my posts?

This has already been answered in this thread. The more and more you talk about NOT being an AE, the more I think you are...and that you're trying too hard to make people think you're not.
  • Thanks A! I'm really not tooooo much into art but I can't wait to go to the Louvre! How is your HV wedding planning going??? :) what dj are you using??
  • I don't see where it was answered Crash. You're right..I should stop talking about it, but it's so frustrating! I don't understand why anyone would take the time to do that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paris?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a73c2629-5657-4509-b129-b40cd17cd798Post:fa8bb350-7671-4202-a5c5-53703810eb88">Re: Paris</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks A! I'm really not tooooo much into art but I can't wait to go to the Louvre! How is your HV wedding planning going??? :) <strong>what dj are you using??
    </strong>Posted by pinkrn19[/QUOTE]

A close friend is our DJ, gave us an amazing deal.
    ~a~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards