New Jersey

Limo or Not

I am trying to decide if I should get a limo or not.  I would rather not spend the money, but I don't know if it is inappropriate to not have transportation for my BP.  Any thoughts???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Limo or Not

• tstrayer27tstrayer27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We weren't going to do a limo either but that's because both the ceremony and reception are at the same location. If you are not doing the same, I'm not sure. I would possibly get one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's inappropriate not to provide a limo for the bridal party, if they have a reliable way of getting around. I would talk to each of them individually and see if it'll be a problem.

If I was a bridesmaid, depending on the situation I wouldn't mind. I don't really care about getting to the wedding location(s), so much as being able to get home after the wedding's over. 

Are you getting married and having your reception at the same place? Or two different locations? If it's all at one place, I really doubt you need a limo.

I was thinking of not booking a limo, but logistically it just worked out better to get one for us.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having the ceremony and reception at the same location.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're not doing one because our ceremony and reception are at the same place.  I think a limo is important if they're in different locations not so much because it's rude to ask your wedding party to drive, but because from a logistical standpoint it makes the most sense.  If you're going to do photos between the ceremony and reception, for instance, you're going to want to make sure your wedding party is together so that you don't have to wait for people or worry that people are going to get lost, etc.  Even just driving from the ceremony to the reception you're going to want to make sure everyone is together so you can get things started on time.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_limo-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:aec0534f-baee-4ae6-9a3e-c22f43f3180bPost:970ff155-6210-44bc-8516-d707368b831c">Re: Limo or Not</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having the ceremony and reception at the same location.
    Posted by jillm1979[/QUOTE]
    In that case, no, a limo is not necessary at all.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the same location and do not have a limo. We have a free shuttle from the hotel. If they dont want to take that they are on their own.  I dont feel one is really needed.
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_limo-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:aec0534f-baee-4ae6-9a3e-c22f43f3180bPost:970ff155-6210-44bc-8516-d707368b831c">Re: Limo or Not</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having the ceremony and reception at the same location.
    Posted by jillm1979[/QUOTE]

I doubt you need one, then. I assume the bridal party would want to have their cars anyway, to get home the next day.

Is it a hotel or something where they can sleep over? Or does your OOT hotel offer a shuttle? If nothing else, they can always get a cab to the hotel.

Are you also all getting ready at that location, or are you getting ready at home/a hotel and you have to get to the venue right before the ceremony? You could carpool, maybe rent a big SUV/van for everyone, or hire a one-way car service from n airport taxi company.

I'd just run it past them ahead of time. I doubt they would mind, but check and see.
  • edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception are at the same place, but we got a limo because we are going to take pictures about 30-40 minutes away. I would not ask people who are all dressed up and unfamiliar with the area to drive around for something like this - so if you are doing something similiar, I think you should probably get one. If your pictures are all going to be at the same place then you def. don't need one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone who is coming has a husband.  I am assuming they will take a separate car from their husband so they would have a way home.  There is a free shuttle to the hotel which is about 5 minutes away.

We are doing pictures before, but it will be at the ceremony site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's kind of rude to not have SOME sort of transportation for your bridal party if you are requiring them all to get ready at the same place and then take pictures before hand.  If you are not requiring them to get ready with you and your not taking pictures until after then I think it's ok. 

We are having the ceremony and reception at the same place but we are doign pictures before so we are getting a shuttle to take us to the park to take pictures and then to bring us to the reception hall.  Their significant others will take the shuttle from the hotel to the reception hall.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception are at the same site.  We decided to get a limo bus to pick up the bridal party and bring them to our picture site and them drop is off at the venue.  We're only planning on renting for about 3-4 hours.  I think if you're going to be taking pictures somewhere else you have to provide some type of transportation. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards