Attire & Accessories Forum

Fake Eyelashes?

Hey everyone! My mom got me some fake eyelashes (the natural looking kind) for the wedding. She thinks it is a good idea because if I cry, I won't have to worry about my mascara running (although I was planning on wearing waterproof mascara of course!). I think they may drive me nuts. What do you think? Thank you so much for your help!

Re: Fake Eyelashes?

• if they are put on to stay, they are fine.  I want some myself, so of course I'd agree. But be sure you have a look out. someone to check to make sure they are not falling off.  they can be sticking up and you don't even know it.  so, I'm going to find someone to put them on me, the natural looking ones for sure.  no Cher here.
  • Have you ever worn them before? If not, I say go with waterproof mascara and call it a day. :)

Or you could always do a test run and see if they drive you nuts. Just make sure they're applied by someone who knows what they're doing.
  • I bought a couple pairs from walmart/target to check them out. I don't normally wear makeup so it was definitely different for me! Like PP said it takes practice to put them on but I don't even feel them when they're on...and mine do glue to my eyelid, just right above the eyelashes.

Make sure you trim them to the right length. If you don't they WILL be annoying and painful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_fake-eyelashes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:cf0f680e-8333-4461-936c-4ca3d7517332Post:4a6e79a8-79bd-41e5-9a66-7f307621db98">Re: Fake Eyelashes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]...and mine do glue to my eyelid, just right above the eyelashes. Make sure you trim them to the right length. If you don't they WILL be annoying and painful!
    Posted by rachelc7487[/QUOTE]

I <strong>used</strong> to glue mine to my eyelid, thinking I was doing it right, but they'd drive me crazy and I could only wear them for a few hours before wanting to rip them off.  I've found (at least for me) that putting them on top of my lashes right next to my lid works much better (they're also far less noticable if they're on the lash as opposed to the skin)
  • I have worn them before. They drive me crazy after about three or four hours. I'll try not gluing them to my eyelid next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards