Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Inexpensive Reception Site

Hey Everyone!
   I'm looking to get married in May 2012.  I wanted an inexpensive reception place maybe with some outdoor space.  Also, I dont want a sit down dinner just heavy appies.  Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!
Jen

Re: Inexpensive Reception Site

• SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're going to have to define "inexpensive" 

Do you want a Saturday?  I'd avoid Friday night if you aren't serving a meal, but a Sunday afternoon could reduce your price per head
  • bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Georgine's in Bristol charges about $50/head on a Friday night.  I was just helping my friend research for her wedding for May 2012.  It includes everything, buffet, alcohol, dj, appetizers, etc. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_inexpensive-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c2fe603a-4e60-48bc-b38d-eecb0c0ebf32Post:99e1a88e-87ed-4d77-8376-3d8a3ee8bb7e">Re: Inexpensive Reception Site</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're going to have to define "inexpensive"  Do you want a Saturday?  I'd avoid Friday night if you aren't serving a meal, but a Sunday afternoon could reduce your price per head
    Posted by SteveandKris[/QUOTE]

This.

What area are you looking in?
    And what day of the week and season?
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on a Sunday (holiday weekend, so everyone has Monday off) and it is much less expensive than a Saturday. I think it was 20% off the Saturday price at my venue. If the venue has a minimum $ amount you need to spend, they will also generally lower it on a Sunday too.

Also, depending on your size, you may be able to rent out a restaurant. Those are, in general, less expensive than a typical wedding venue.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married the same day as Bean, for the same reason. 

How many guests do you want to have? Have you considered a brunch instead?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Columbia Station in Phoenixville is really reasonable with an outside area for a ceremony.  Their food is fantastic.  Williamsons in Horsham is also on the less expensive side.
  • edited December 2011
    Getting married on a Friday or Sunday can make a difference. If not, have you tried Cairnwood? I'm sure butlered appetizers is cheaper than a full sit down and maybe you can stay in your budget with them.
  • neongreenboxneongreenbox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fonthill in Doylestown does a $50/pp Sunday stations reception
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're having it on a holiday weekend you'll save even more money if you have it on Monday instead of Sunday.  Depending on how far people are traveling it might be a good option.  What county are you looking for? Do you need a place for your wedding and reception or just reception?
  • cnbrennan18cnbrennan18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Romano's Catering. They pretty much include everything, cake, centerpieces, open bar. They have 3 rooms to choose from, and two different packages. The food is really good too! When we went for our taste testing we ate every bit off our plates!!! I think the one package is like 67/head and the other is 77/head. Plus the staff is awesome!!! I can't tell you how many times I've emailed the lady, Kathy. The only downside is the neighborhood isn't the best, but it's a direct route back to the boulevard. It's worth checking out!
  • edited December 2011
    I have the perfect place!!  PM me.
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards