Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Hors d'oeuvres?

Okay, so my finace and I are trying to figure out a happy median for our food options. One of the things we are tossing around are hors d'oeuvres. I am not sure we need them and he thinks we do. The thing is my mom is having people over between the ceremony and the reception. She is having drinks and hors d'oeuvres. I am not convinced that we need this at our reception and would rather have late night food after everyone has been dancing and drinking-what are your thoughts? Do you have to have hors d'oeuvres and do people expect them?

Re: Hors d'oeuvres?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are having a cocktail hour, you need them. If you aren't, then you can go straight to dinner and do the late night snacks. 
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto what LisaTyler wrote. If your Mom is having EVERYONE over in between, then no need to provide them at the reception.

I think the late night snack is a great idea, and a better use of the money.

• Options
    kristi_0332kristi_0332 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom is having everyone from the ceremony over afterwards. We are not having a full cocktail hour because we are providing our guests with beer, wine and soda so it's not a full on cocktail hour. Our dinner is being served at 6:15 with guest arriving at 5:30.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you're serving alcohol for an hour or so before dinner, you should provide some food to absorb some of the alcohol.
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto: if you are serving any type of drinks, there should be some sort of food-even if it's just cheese and crackers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah... unless you want totally trashed guests, feed them food with the booze.
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree...even if you  just do cheese and crackers during cocktail hour. Then you can  do a couple of late night snacks...plus when you do that some people will probably have left by then so you won't have to buy for as many people.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards