Canada-Ontario

Archeo Reviews?

Hi there,

We are considering Archeo in the Distillery as our venue (ceremony & reception). Just wondering if anyone has any recent reviews of this location as a wedding venue?

Thanks in advance. 

V
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Archeo Reviews?

• I don't have any reviews as a wedding venue - but it definitely was one of our top considerations.  Our only issue was that our guestlist was bigger than the venue could hold so we had to choose another venue.
  • My brother in law is getting married there in July.  I went with him to meet the coordinator and check it out last March, and she was very helpful.  They seem pretty transparent with costs (nothing hidden), and they have done a lot of weddings.  They'll do a food tasting closer to the date as they try and use seasonal and local food.
  • I went to a friend's wedding at Archeo last May (2012), and it was really nice.  Ceremony was just outside under a tent, and there were less than 100 guests.  Food was delicious, bar service was quick and efficient.  Favourite was the late night snack table where they had poutine!  Perfect for late night after some dancing.  Overall nice experience there, nice intimate setting/atmosphere for family and friends to celebrat together.

• My fiancee and I were considering Archeo as a site for our ceremony and venue. The Historic Distillery district is beautiful - prime photo territory, and lots of things for guests to look at pre-ceremony. I do love the decor and Menu at Archeo, however, when we had our meeting with the event coordinator there, she was late without apology, and didn't even sit down or take her coat of to discuss the space with us. I think she dismissed us becuase we were dressed down (it was -15 with the windchill today). That experience soured us on the place. Also, there is no bridal suite, and the indoor alternative for the ceremony would just be the restaurant - already set up for dinner. She said people often rent the nearby galleries for the ceremony, but were were hoping for a one stop shop. Great restaurant for a reception, but I personally didn't feel like they couldn't accomodate the entire wedding process considering what they charge.
  • My fiancee and I were considering Archeo as a site for our ceremony and venue. The Historic Distillery district is beautiful - prime photo territory, and lots of things for guests to look at pre-ceremony. I do love the decor and Menu at Archeo, however, when we had our meeting with the event coordinator there, she was late without apology, and didn't even sit down or take her coat of to discuss the space with us. I think she dismissed us becuase we were dressed down (it was -15 with the windchill today). That experience soured us on the place. Also, there is no bridal suite, and the indoor alternative for the ceremony would just be the restaurant - already set up for dinner. She said people often rent the nearby galleries for the ceremony, but were were hoping for a one stop shop. Great restaurant for a reception, but I personally didn't feel like they couldn't accomodate the entire wedding process considering what they charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards