Ohio-Cleveland
Options

The Dress

Don't have alot of time on the weekends to dress shop.  Can anyone suggest their favorite salons in the area?  Any help is appreciated!

Re: The Dress

• Options
    JenLeeSJenLeeS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Catan's in Strongsville. They have a massive collection, so at the very least you can try on a ton of gowns and narrow down what styles you like. They have dresses for every budget, from around $700 all the way up to couture gowns. Plus there were clearanced sample size gowns and plenty of plus sized dresses, too. I found mine there and so far so good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another rec. for Catan's. Even if you don't end up buying from them, it's a great place to start and to figure out what kinds of styles work for you and which ones don't. Be sure you even try on things you aren't sure if you'll like. Dresses look totally different on the hanger vs. on the body. And, bring a camera so you can have some 'help' with remembering what looks good.

I bought my dress at Julianne's Bridal Outlet in Olmsted Falls. It's a consignment shop, so their selection is always changing and prices are very reasonable. They are very picky about what they'll accept to sell. I bought my one-season-old Maggie Sottero there for $500 -- and it only needed minimal alterations.

BTW, when you're looking for a good seamstress to handle your alts, check them out. Denise there will work on any dress from ANY shop and she does awesome work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kmiekmie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks!  I have been to Catan's.  Has anyone been to All Brides Beautiful in Hudson, Images in Royalton, or Dreams to Realities in Medina?  Any feedback?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All Brides Beautiful in Hudson is tiny.  I don't mean that to be negaitve, I just wasn't sure if you knew that.

I bought my dress from Lavendars Bridal in Dover, Ohio.  They have a nice selection of wedding dresses, brides maid dresses and mother of the bride dresses.  Plus, the alterations were down right cheap -  but done with high quality.
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I went to Images to look for bridesmaid dresses. It is pretty small. I wouldn't say tiny, but if you want maximum selection you'd be better off going to one of the bigger stores.

I got my dress at Henri's in Minerva and I would recommend them, but it's not the biggest store ever when it comes to bridal. They have a lot of dresses but not quite as many as one of the big stores like Catan's. It is kind of a drive though, at least an hour and a half from most areas in Cuyahoga county.
  • Options
    mrsaloshenmrsaloshen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Dora's Bridal in Fairview Park. It's a smaller shop, but they have a surprisingly wide range of dresses, and the prices are very reasonable. ($550 for my Mori Lee dress!) Also, the women there are very nice and accomodating and they keep your dress at the shop until your wedding for no fee!
  • Options
    kmiekmie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for additional comments!  Is that one shop...not sure of the name...perhaps Bride's Design...is that still opened in the Rocky River/Westlake area?  I thought someone told me they moved...if they did does anyone know where?  Thanks bridies and hope all are having a lovely V Day!

• Options
    kmiekmie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey JK Ohio~

I was wondering...are the dresses at Julianne's new or have they been worn before?  If new, where do the dresses come from...discontinued items?   Thanks!
  • Options
    lpereksta08lpereksta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Demetrios at Legacy, they have amazing couture style gowns for under $2000. 

Its like shopping at Kleinfeld on "Say Yes To The Dress" with out that hefty price tag.

I just got my gown in about two weeks ago and its amazing btw, I didnt want to take it off.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:4ce72372-23b2-41be-ab35-68f3eeaecef2Post:afb21181-ab30-4bea-8a02-56ef626dde96">Re: The Dress/Julianne's Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey JK Ohio~ I was wondering...are the dresses at Julianne's new or have they been worn before?  If new, where do the dresses come from...discontinued items?   Thanks!
    Posted by kmie[/QUOTE]

The dresses are 'new, pre-owned and gently worn' according to their web site. They are very picky about what they'll accept to sell on consignment. It's not a collection of shopworn items at all. Have you checked out their web site yet?
    <a href="http://www.juliannebridal.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.juliannebridal.com/</a>
    And, their consignment requirements:
    <a href="http://www.juliannebridal.com/aboutus.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.juliannebridal.com/aboutus.html</a>

Some brides don't want a gown that could possibly have been worn, but it didn't bother me at all. I just know they had some nice dresses at VERY reasonable prices and I found one that I fell in love with.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BM dresses came from Galleria Gowns in Willoughby Hills.  They seemed to have a very good selection of bridal gowns.  I was very happy with their service and their alterations lady is outstanding--she did a very tricky last minute job because...ahem...someone measured wrong and waited until the last minute for alterations.
  • Options
    kmiekmie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!  I actually found out about that huge dress sale on March 20th with Gowns 4 Hope and some of the $ from ticket sales even helps out a non-profit.  I am definitely going to check that out.  It is like a bride's dream come true....stores from all over coming together for a 1 day sale event!  Exactly what a busy bride needs and I visited their FB page..looks like cool raffle prizes too!
  • Options
    irishmeg110irishmeg110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Dreams to Realities in Medina. Great service and great selection!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards