Maine

Wedding Venues

srladdsrladd member
First Comment
I know there are other posts on this same issue, but many are pretty dated so I'm trying to get a more updated listing. I'm looking for an inexpensive wedding venue in Western, Maine. Ideally, with the ability to have ceremony and reception at same spot. By inexpensive, I mean no more than $1500 for facility rental alone (including ALL fees) [closer to $1000 would be preferable] or no more than $4000 (for about 100 people) including rental and catering. I've emailed some places and found a few, still waiting on info back from others, but wondering if there are any places I'm missing. Any suggestions would be great!

Re: Wedding Venues

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you be more specific about the area you're looking in?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • srladdsrladd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, probably should have been more specific to begin with because I'm not even sure "Western Maine" is the right description. I live in Oxford Hills so anywhere within an hour would be fine. So, that could mean Portland, Auburn, Bethel, Sebago lake area, and even North Conway, NH.
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I know there are regions in the state, but since technically Portland is in the western part of the state, I never know what people mean!

I'm having my reception at Seasons Conference and Event Center.  Their rental fee is $1000 and they have menu options that range from $18 pp to $40+.  We are getting two of their cheapest menu items (Chicken Marsala and Roast Pork Loin) and the food was AMAZING when we did our tasting.  There are no rental fees involved for tables, etc. unless you want special linens.  The event coordinator is amazing as well.  It's somewhat the traditional ballroom type of reception space, and they do have a separate room that you can use for the ceremony for no extra charge (it's our backup in case it rains).

I'm not sure about prices, but I know of others having their weddings at King Pine (near North Conway) and Stone Mountain Arts Center.  I believe Fireside Inn and Suites (in Portland) is comparable with prices. 

What type of place are you looking for?
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Lakewood Inn Restaurant in Madison.  We are having the ceremony and reception there and we are paying abour $40.00 pp for apps, drinks, plated meal, and 6 hours on the site.  It's right on the lake and it's a beautiful setting, there are pics of it in my bio. 

They offer buffet and family style too, and are very good at working with a budget.  They are family owned also.
  • srladdsrladd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I did look at the Fireside Inn in Auburn and it does seem reasonable there. I want something nice but simple. Ideally something rustic with outdoor options for the ceremony would be great, but if the price is right, I'm open to just about anything. Any other ideas are welcome!

• srladdsrladd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions so far!
  • littlefieldmjlittlefieldmj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into McLaughlin Gardens?  It's in South Paris.  I'm not sure what they charge for facility fees; but they host events there and you could have both the ceremony & reception on site. 
  • srladdsrladd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas and tips!! So helpful!! Does anyone know anything about Shawnee Peak? It sounds reasonably priced and looks nice in some of the pictures...
  • srladdsrladd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nevermind...read lots of reviews on Shawnee Peak....it's still a possibility but sounds like there are some downsides as well. What about the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn? I've read lots of good reviews and nothing bad... I might look into McLaughlin Gardens as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards