Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding Videographer? yes or no?

I am going back and forth about hiring a wedding videographer. I have heard mixed feelings about getting one. Some say that its a waste of money and that you will never watch the video more than once. Others say that its a great investment. I'm really torn about it because its something that I would have to have to pay for myself since my mom is on the side of it being a waste of money.

For those of you who didn't get one, do you regret it? and for those of you who did, was it worth it?

Also, any recommendations for videographers that are reasonable? I'm a grad student with a limited savings, so I'm looking for a videographer that doesn't start at $2000.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Videographer? yes or no?

• wmh6wmh6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding isn't until next weekend, but we also went back and forth about it.  I was trying to cut down on the budget and never booked one.  Then about a month ago, we started feeling like we would really regret it afterwards since it was something we wanted.  My fiance and I decided to pay for it ourselves.  I searched around for a less expensive videographer whose videos I still liked.  We ended up going with High Rise Productions.  To cut down on the cost, we are not doing any prep...just the ceremony and reception.  If you search 'videographer' on this board, there are other suggestions also.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FH and I went back and forth too.  What convinced us was my mom saying she really wished she had gotten a wedding video to look back on.  We all went through the whole Katrina thing, so I guess it doesn't matter how many times you watch it, just that it's there to enjoy with your husband for the times that you do.  <3

Anyway, we went with Welch Videography.  Very reasonable price-wise, and no unwanted frills.  We didn't want a wedding movie.  We just wanted someone to professionally record what actually goes down. 

Best advice I can think of -- ask for demo DVDs of weddings they've done.  As in, their end product.  Most just give out a highlights reel.   No, you don't know the people, but you definitely want to see how they cut the scenes, what they focus on in the ceremony and reception, the whole works.

Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say YES!!  I am so happy that I got my video and I haven't even seen it yet.  We got married in March and my husband and I are really looking forward to seeing the video to bring back some memories...espescially the ceremony.  I really didn't believe that things would be a blur, but it is.  My friend did not get a video and says that her pictures are enough for her and that every time she looks at them she remembers it like it was yesterday.  It can be very expensive, but I think it's worth it.  I'm not sure when your wedding is, but check with Chad Dyle Videography.  They may have gone up on their prices, but when I was looking I went with the middle package and it was under $2000.  Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with Prodigy.  Their packages start at 700 dollars and I have heard nothing but great reviews about them.  Good luck!
  • cbroekstracbroekstra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at Prodigy Media Group and their prices and quality are the best I've seen. I just emailed them. I can definitely afford those prices. I was getting quoted rediculous prices. Although I understand that there is a lot of time and money that goes into editing the videos, I just can't afford $2500 for what I'm expecting!

Thanks, yall!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I e-mailed Prodigy a few weeks ago and got a pricing sheet where packages started at $2400. Maybe they've gone way up since NatMarie booked them?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yes!!! Check Bridefilm.com =) We used them and cannot wait until our video comes back!!
  • edited December 2011
    I booked through recommendation on theknot.com.  He is from Baton Rouge and charges 500$ for three hours.  I didn't want childhood photos, interviews with family;  I simply wanted the ceremony/reception videotaped and edited.  He has been great to work with so far.  Let me know if you want his contact into.

• kerrie86kerrie86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rdh2MrsOMFS - Please share your contact!

Thanks!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards