Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Favorite food

I am wondering what is the best wedding meal you've ever had? please elaborate :)

Re: Favorite food

• edited December 2011
    I'm generally happy with any meal that is cooked well and has enough food.  I can't actually think of anything outstanding that I've ever had. 

I do remember the butternutsquash ravioli that was just 5 pieces and I was starving... and the chicken that was still pink inside and I didn't want to eat, ya know... for fear of Old Uncle Sal. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree With Wiscisbliss! Anything can be good as long as it's cooked properly. Like moist chicken that's white and beef that is cooked all the way through.
  • mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At most weddings I think my biggest concern is having enough to eat. As long as I'm full at the end of the meal and it tasted ok I'm happy.
    Anniversary
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the girls: well cooked and tasty meals make me pretty content. I do like more "normal" foods and would prefer that over any "fancy" food.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I get most excited when filet mignon is on the menu or there is a beef tenderloin carving station.  =) 

• edited December 2011
    I went to a very casual wedding that had great BBQ. Like others, I also am just happy at a wedding where the food is cooked well, it doesn't matter what kind of food it is.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_favorite-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:0528eda7-3661-4733-bc74-c79f3a3e7902Post:b42dd2e4-f1c5-4111-8b44-f23f88b671e7">Re: Favorite food</a>:
    [QUOTE]At most weddings I think my biggest concern is having enough to eat. As long as I'm full at the end of the meal and it tasted ok I'm happy.
    Posted by mpatt2122[/QUOTE]

This! The worst is getting served tiny portions that leave your stomach growling at the end of dinner..!
  • edited December 2011
      I've been to a few weddings with really good food:

One had a smoked turkey and roast beef carving station and the most amazing au gratin potatoes.
    Another had a local deli cater (that's known for awesome sandwiches and salads). It was casual, but good quality food.
    And another had Polish food that the bride's (Polish) family made. I'm Polish, so this was comfort food for me and it was all really good quality and homemade by people who know what they are doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards