South Carolina-Charleston

Photography- How long did you wait to get the pics back?

How long is too long???  I was married last October (almost 5 months ago) and have yet to get any of my professional photos back from the photographer!  She is supposed to deliver an album of all of the proofs plus a website we can order enlargements from.  When contacted in January, she promised to have the editing finished and everything out to us by late February but that has come and gone without any communication.  Should I be worried?  Is this a normal amount of time?  She was paid in full and nothing in the contract states a deadline for delivering the final product.  On top of all that, if we want the digital copies of our photos on a cd that's going to be an extra $500.

Kim Graham Photography, by the way.  Anyone else had this experience either with her or another photographer?  I'm so frustrated!

Re: Photography- How long did you wait to get the pics back?

• kje120kje120 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - 5 months and still no pictures?  We had the CD's with all the pictures 6 or 7 weeks after the wedding. Of course it took me another 6 months for me  to edit the 200 that we wanted printed out (do NOT use A Charleston Wedding as a photographer!)

It seems like you should have something from her by now. I would probably contact her and see when you can expect them.
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa. That's a really long time. Don't mean to alarm you, but I'd be worried. I would contact her again and get a deadline in writing. 
  • bambijamesonbambijameson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's unbelievable.  It shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 weeks at most even when they are extremely busy.  I got mine back in  2 weeks.  I can't believe a professional would take that long. 
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  I'd send a certified letter to her saying that if you don't receive something by x date you're going to be contacting the BBB.  Good luck!

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Richard Bell Photography and she got to see her album predesign and all the proofs online within 2-3 weeks after the wedding day. Keep trying that photographer--follow up weekly via phone and voicemail. If no response, try the Better Business Bureau.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards