Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

What style wedding dress would go with a pearl crown?

I know it seems backwards to work from the headpiece to decide on the dress and hair but the crown has a lot of sentimental value to my mother and me. The crown is the only thing she has left from her wedding dress. It is made of wire and pearls. Shaped in the traditional crown shape (i.e. ^^^^) in the front three “v” hangs a small glass beads.I have always thought I would wear it on my wedding day but because crowns are out of style at the moment I am having trouble figuring out what styles of dress/hair would work best with a crown. I know the crown would look fine with a poofy ballgown dress, but that really isn’t my style. Any other suggestions?

Re: What style wedding dress would go with a pearl crown?

• IMO,  a pearl crown can go with any dress that has more traditional styling.  So, you can do lace, a-line, ball gown, or even a traditionally-styled mermaid gown.  Pearls are a classic accessory, and if you love the dress, and if you love the tiara... it will all come together! 

Styles I would personally avoid with a pearl crown or tiara:
    non-symmetrical waist-line
    overly modern gowns such as the one-shoulder design
    sheath or tea-length modern designs

I would take the crown with me in trying on gowns for sure, if it was something I KNEW I would wear.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • I recommend a dress that's fairly simple. A vintage-looking lace gown would be lovely, but if lace isn't your style, something with less beading in a chiffon or satin would be nice as well.
  • I would also look for gowns with a pearl detail on it.  And about your hair, show your stylist and have them come up with a down or up idea.

And I agree, ones with traditional lines.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards