Wedding Etiquette Forum

Monday Night

Re: Monday Night

• Autumn did that once when I was doing an ab DVD.  It's super cute :).
  • Chrissy, I'm so sorry.  Didn't mean to bring that up.  I'm glad you are excited and she looks good! PS I've been meaning to ask, which marathon was your favorite to run? 
  • Berkeley is always excited to see me exercise.  She likes to run laps around me and lick my face while I stretch.
  • I keep reading about what your dogs do while you exercise, and I'm sitting here going "yup", "yup", "yup".  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:fe7593b2-999a-42f5-a0e4-f20f45c6aadf">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's I think I mentioned it on here before. I really like the Lakefront, it was fun that the last bit was where I used to do all my training runs. Twin Cities was a ton of fun too.  So was Kentucky Derby Festival.  Napa was really pretty.  Oh, and Eugene was awesome because of finishing on Hayward.  Seattle was a ton of fun, we had an awesome starting corral.  Chicago, mainly just it was Chicago.  And it was the hot year, so I kinda feel special.  Philly was really nice, too!!  Except for the last like 5 miles.  And Mississippi was really fun. So that was all of them....in somewhat the order that I did them.  I liked them all.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>Damn girl, you are so freaking inspiring. Promise to meet me one day!</div>
  • Wow... reading that list makes me tired :).

I'm off to bed. Good night!
  • OK, The Ladies, I gotta go fry it up in a pan.  I will leave you with this, which is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a while:  (Click here)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:2bb94a29-b766-45ac-8463-540cd28bde10">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was hanging with a guy towards the end of the marathon who has 47 of the 50 states.  I will be there someday!!
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>That's amazing!!! What a cool goal.  I'd like to just complete one, first.  I'm far off though, running the 800 Friday! So like 52 times less than that :P </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:eca46a8e-190c-4509-a7e6-3fc7b21656a4">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night : Yes, but you are WAAAY faster than I am.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>My 800 speed should be faster than a marathon speed ;) </div><div>
    </div><div>700 marathons is INSANE.  Some people have more miles than a car.  You know what's disappointing? And ultra marathon is ANY distance that's longer than 26.2.  It should be like 50 miles, because 26.3 just seems cheap, to me.  </div>
  • I loved that video! I really wish I could run a marathon, runners are amazing. Noe im catching up on The Tudors- it's such a soap opera, I can't stop.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Chrissy, one I saw was either 28 or 30 miles, so I was really confused, YK?
  • Chrissy I tried training for a marathon, after 10 miles of running my feet start to separate and the docotors have no idea what is wrong with me. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • One of our cats LOVES being brushed. It's really funny. He's actually sleeping on my feet right now. Chrissy- is the kentucky derby race during the week of the pony race? Elliot and I (mostly me) want to go see the race one day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:f5f02f3c-b647-4df6-bd79-4f8772fbd0b8">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, it is the week before.  You do a lap around the infield and in the swag bag you get 2 tickets to the afternoon races.  It is definitely fun being there.  I'm sure the crowds at the Derby are insane.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]
    I am considering training for that now.

When I was little, I would go with my mom to her college lectures. I would have to sit in the hall quietly, but instead I would sneak into the polo area and run around pretending to be a horse. (She was taking vet care classes) I was told not to, but I just couldn't help myself. It was obvious I was too, because I would get the manure on my shoes. Mom would ask if I was in the arena, and I would proudly say YUP.
    So this race sounds like a am come true!
  • Good for you Holly! Is it a marathon, or is there a shorter version I could run?
  • Mini marathon is like a 5k, sheesh.  
  • I don't do marathons. I really don't think my knees or my back could handle that. Walking long distances makes my back go crazy so I think a marathon would kill me.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I can't wait til I gift myself new knees when I am like 60.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:ecf6eb0b-03b1-4e56-8dc7-2711bae173da">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to have a knee issue until I started running barefoot.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as Holly- dance and gymnastics ruined my knees.

But I hear there is something in running barefoot for bad knee people. I also close to trying it. Maybe train for 2013 derby.

It sounds good now, while I am on the couch. Who knows if I will want to run tomorrow and start when it's cold out.
  • I tried a pair of those barefoot running shoes on the other day and I couldn't find one that worked for my feet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:8ddcc47d-5e59-4ee8-afcb-8ac9b33a9376">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have sissy feet.  I can't even walk on my tile floors barefoot.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

I have hippie summer feet. I go barefoot everywhere. Hiking barefoot is an awesome feeling!
    The pedicure ladies must make fun of my foot calluse for weeks.
  • I still have never had a pedicure.
  • Ciara- are you a strogger? A stroller jogger? I can't help but giggle at those contraptions.
  • I am not. I'm a stralker (stroller walker).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:27229405-5021-4d70-8a6e-2fe76f9a59ea">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Never had a pedicure?  Does. Not. Compute.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Engage self district mode in 10...9...
  • If I'm at home, I don't have shoes on.
  • I just feel awkward going to salons by myself. I don't like the random chit chat and the fact that I can't understand the ladies half the time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:42abdae2-9181-4841-9ca9-3790cbb02475Post:9bf139aa-5176-459f-91c6-b5fe7c46fc90">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not. I'm a stralker (stroller walker).
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

That's an even better term!
  • Edmund loves going for walks. We went for one this morning and he was giggling so much.
  • Ciara if I get my butt out to Seattle, we are getting our toes done. With cocktails in hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards